New Residential

tooluther

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that article earlier today and found it really interesting. At first I was surprised at the 200K price tag on a shell of a condo, but the more I thought about it, I think in the end it would be a great deal. Most people still can't afford it, but it'll attract a bit more of a diverse crowd than all of the half million dollar condos currently in the works.

I ride my bike to work downtown through that section of Penn, and I think that would be an amazing location to live in. The tree-lined streets are beautiful, and to live that close to all of the theaters would be virtually impossible in any other city.

There's a lot more activity on Skyscraperpage.

I'm not sure if this one got posted, but there's frequent contributions from people related to PG, Trib, Pop, (and Biz Times until they screwed up their site) and other random news and discussion.

In any case, it's good news of course. For years there has been talk of converting older smaller buildings' upper floors etc and really makes sense to do so and obviously the Cultural District needs developments like this and not just highrises etc.

On another note, it's probably better to not discuss possible identities of people.

Speaking of new residential, there was an interesting article in the PG yesterday (sorry, I don't have the link) about the new condos that will be built on Penn in Garfield across from the Glass Center. They sound interesting... mostly glass with green construction materials. I think it will really complement all of the arts along Penn. The price tag seems kind of steep for Penn (150-300's, I think), but they sound really cool. Plus with Whole Foods and the new East Liberty stuff coming in, I think they will sell quickly.

• 1 month later...

Archived