Local company turns recycled glass into concrete

I just found out about this company a few weeks ago, EnviroProducts International - Concrete Products.

Not a chip off the old block - GRBJ

Some highlights:

- They mix recycled glass, both clear and colored, into concrete blocks that have from 45 - 60% glass content, and are used on all kinds of construction projects

- The glass/concrete mix does not cost the consumer any additional (sustainable and economical)

- In addition to making concrete products, they also recycle glass for other users

- Because their process is so advanced (cleaning and sifting), glass that was unable to be processed by Kent Co. at the recycling facility last year can now be taken there

They're having a big open house Tuesday, May 22nd from 11 - 2, including tours of their processing facility. I hear it's very cool. :shades:

FYI: Try to let them know in advance if you plan to bring a large group: http://www.epicp.com/?action=contact

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just found out about this company a few weeks ago, EnviroProducts International - Concrete Products.

Not a chip off the old block - GRBJ

Some highlights:

- They mix recycled glass, both clear and colored, into concrete blocks that have from 45 - 60% glass content, and are used on all kinds of construction projects

- The glass/concrete mix does not cost the consumer any additional (sustainable and economical)

- In addition to making concrete products, they also recycle glass for other users

- Because their process is so advanced (cleaning and sifting), glass that was unable to be processed by Kent Co. at the recycling facility last year can now be taken there

<snip>

Nice!

I hope this moves GR closer to adding colored glass to their curbside recycling program. I just called to see if they've added colored glass to the things that they take, and the answer was NO. Last year when the list was expanded, they said colored glass would be accepted "soon".

I saw a piece on "This Old House" last night about a green home they are building, and in it was counter tops made from recycled glass set in concrete. They were pretty and they came in a variety of colors. I believe the company is out of New York, run out of an old ship yard.

Archived