where to buy framed art of Hartford's skyline online

Hi, i'm having trouble finding framed artwork of Hartford's skyline available for purchase online. There seems to be one popular photo, by James Blakeway. It's ok - but was taken awhile ago before the riverfront and convention center were built. So.. does anyone know where I can find a similar, but updated version?

Any links or suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, i'm having trouble finding framed artwork of Hartford's skyline available for purchase online. There seems to be one popular photo, by James Blakeway. It's ok - but was taken awhile ago before the riverfront and convention center were built. So.. does anyone know where I can find a similar, but updated version?

Any links or suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

The gift shop at the Old State House used to, not sure if they still do, one was a great nightime view taken from the dome of the Capitol looking east over Bushnell Park and downtown, and a couple taken from across the river looking west over riverfront plaza and the skyline. I got mine a few years ago and I'm not sure what they have now

A local photographer with a past life at National Geographic, Michael Lawton, (Cirama Ventures of Glastonbury) has done a bunch of panoramics and fisheyes of Hartford (as well as other cities). The large panoramic of Hartford at Bradley field was his work as well as numerous calendars. I don't know when the last time was that he shot Hartford from the air (we last hired him in 2000 for a fisheye for our calander and he shot some panoramics at the same time) but perhaps it is time for him to be commissioned again.

http://www.michaellawton.com/index.html

Archived