Is Hartford next?

beerbeer

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe Pratt or Ann Streets, but that's about it. New Haven has a much busier looking streetscape, something that seems to be hard to find in small/medium-sized cities (isn't that weird?)

Troy, NY has a similar look and feel (well, it used to) as New Haven in terms of commercial density, mix of residentential and commercial architecture (a few pretty blocks of brownstones there), etc. In fact, a few movies have been shot in downtown Troy.

Rob, Hartford has a dozen dense urban streetscapes around the city. Many more than New haven. New Haven's (and Bridgeports') best features are that they are closer to NYC so the drive is shorter for the production companies.

The unions have a four hour rule. If you shoot less than four hours away from the production company, you don't have to pay for hotel rooms for the cast and crew. That is a huge savings. My guess is that Hartford is just inside or outside the magic line depending on where in NYC the production company is located. But Southwestern Connecticut will alway be more convenient than Hartford for shooting one or two days of exteriors.

There was a movie filmed last summer in Meriden, not sure the name. I met one of the actress' when I was working in her grandmothers house, she signed a non-disclosure agreement and couldn't tell me more than Michael Madsen was starring in it.

Archived