Mayor Kincaid

Blazer85

Kincaid budgets record payraise for public safety officials

Police, fireman, and all other City of Birmingham safety personnel will receive around a 4% raise.

Birmingham PD....currently just the 8th-highest paid city police force in the metro area

Birmingham PD... under the mayor's new budget proposal, would be the 4th-highest paid police force in the metro area (below only Mtn Brook, Homewood, and Trussville).

While this is just an additional expenditure, I think this is a great move. Birmingham can now pay for and get better qualified officers. This is a great step to combat crime and I'm glad Kincaid finally followed through with his pledge. Hopefully, however, Kincaid doesnt do *just* enough to try to get re-elected. I'm glad he did this, but this move was transparent with the mayoral elections approaching in the next year or so. The city council tried to add a raise, but Kincaid tried to make it null and void only so he can present his own raise, thereby making himself look like king.

Oh well... enough of my political babbling. Still a great move for the city.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This won't do squat to help him get re-elected. Kincaid has shown that he is a "do nothing" mayor that is playing political games once again. This whole "I've done this and that for the city" is reminscent of 2003 all over again.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived