Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blazer85

Mayor Kincaid

8 posts in this topic

Kincaid budgets record payraise for public safety officials

Police, fireman, and all other City of Birmingham safety personnel will receive around a 4% raise.

Birmingham PD....currently just the 8th-highest paid city police force in the metro area

Birmingham PD... under the mayor's new budget proposal, would be the 4th-highest paid police force in the metro area (below only Mtn Brook, Homewood, and Trussville).

While this is just an additional expenditure, I think this is a great move. Birmingham can now pay for and get better qualified officers. This is a great step to combat crime and I'm glad Kincaid finally followed through with his pledge. Hopefully, however, Kincaid doesnt do *just* enough to try to get re-elected. I'm glad he did this, but this move was transparent with the mayoral elections approaching in the next year or so. The city council tried to add a raise, but Kincaid tried to make it null and void only so he can present his own raise, thereby making himself look like king.

Oh well... enough of my political babbling. Still a great move for the city.

A great move for the city. Not only will this attract better qualified officers, but, it'll motivate them more, and hence they'll do a better job. Not that they do a bad job, I'm just sayin... :thumbsup:

This won't do squat to help him get re-elected. Kincaid has shown that he is a "do nothing" mayor that is playing political games once again. This whole "I've done this and that for the city" is reminscent of 2003 all over again.

This won't do squat to help him get re-elected. Kincaid has shown that he is a "do nothing" mayor that is playing political games once again. This whole "I've done this and that for the city" is reminscent of 2003 all over again.

After all this it still seems as if the passing of the 2008 City Budget would have been a cakewalk.

Well, hopefully after October 9th, he'll have plenty of time to eat his Frosted Flakes and think about "What went wrong?" I'll be more than happy to help him by voting against his reelection attempt.