Jets - Fighters?

nova72asu

:offtopic:

Ok random question for those who may live in the southeast GA or for those readers who may live in SC near the GA border. Along a north to nort east line from waycross/Hinesville to Statesboro/Sylvania to Allendale/Bamburg/Orangeburg...

Did anyone hear or see two very loud jets fly over Tuesday night about 10-11?

I'm not sure of the exact time. But I was sitting in my living room, I live just east of statesboro. And I hear this roaring sound, like a loud plane...I was playing GTA at the time so at first I thought it was the game, but then the house vibrated some and the noise was quite loud. The sound starts to fade and then I hear another roar, I was thinking whatever it is, is making another pass. I get up go outside just in time to see at least the light possibly the flame/exhaust flare from the engine go over hear. Again very loud and about 500 to 2000 feet in the air. It was hard to tell how low. It was pretty cool. After it passed I moved to a different position and I could see both planes flying in north/ northeast direction.

Pretty sure they were fighter jets, wish it had been daylight so I could have seen them. My first guess was they came from would be Tyndall or Moody. Any thoughts?

Anyways just wondering if anyone else heard. I know this has nothing to do with development or anything.

:offtopic:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Sorry, but have been out of town for awhile. Yes, i heard and saw the craft that night. Was not conventional military nor civilian aircraft. The impression i had was a cylinder type, somewhat like a cigar shape. I was walking on the beach near Brunswick,Ga. had an unobstructive view for several hundred feet oceanside. Craft never showed any type of interior lights, exterior was not lite or possibly there were no outside lights. There was no unusual sound at that time, am comfortable in saying no noise eminated from craft. I observed it for about 4 to 5 minutes. At that time fog from offshore blew in and i lost sight of craft. After fog cleared the craft was gone.

Archived