Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fsubelch

Constructin Next to Paradigm Downtown?

9 posts in this topic

Anyone know what the deal is with this place? I work downtown and I swear this building has been under construction for at least 2 years now. Seems that long at least. I was always hoping for a new resturant or sandwhich/Deli shop to come in. Anything for a new lunch spot downtown. Now I would just like to see the construction go away. It's really an eye sore for the downtown area.

I agree 100%. Some of my very early shots on here show this building under contruction. I think it takes away from the charm of the nice Adams Street / College Street vista. It seems recently they've just boarded the place up. Wasn't this once Gordo's?

belch I've wonder the same thing as you many times. It has been "under construction" for at least two years, if not longer.

This was Gordo's when it was last alive.

I do believe this is the site of the old gordo's.

There has been no activity regarding construction on this property in over a year. The only change made was to reconfigure the boards covering the front to move them back because they were in the way of the sidewalk.

I saw a few guys standing in front with some papers and pointing and discussing what sounded like development plans, but I did not have time to stop and inquire.

Crews have begun working here again. They are working to support the walls before they begin some kind of drilling underground. Not sure why, or what is planned for the space. Any one else know?

You don't think this place has any foundation issues do you? Or could they be pile driving to build something taller?

Crews have begun working here again. They are working to support the walls before they begin some kind of drilling underground. Not sure why, or what is planned for the space. Any one else know?

Why are certain people over the DIA and don't know Downtown like the back of their hand?