Best Pizza in town?

I've seen Pizza Inns in Mississippi. They're still there... many around Jackson and Hattiesburg where my family lives. I've never had them.... as your wife stated Buke, seems kinda run down and "poor-lookin'".

I wonder why Little Ceasar's left the market. I've seen one or so driving through Florida, one that I can clearly remember as I driver through either Ocala or Lake City on I-75.

I used to love their square shaped Pizza. Someone had told me, and I believed this for a while, that Hungry Howies was the new Little Ceasars. But Clearly, this is not so... I used to work at Hungry Howies... if I think of how certain things were done there, it makes me not want to eat any more pizza at all.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it's been too long since I ate there, but Barnaby's pizza is more flat than chewy and thick - and it's NOTHING like Chicago pan pizza. The weirdest thing to me about B's pizza as opposed to, you know, pretty much any other kind of hand-thrown pizza is the rolled crust.

Dark can be fun like Melting Pot or Food Glorious Food...Dank not so much. Bennigans suffered from dank.

Julie's Place is almost so retro (yeah yeah 70-80's Fern Bar but still...)that it's fun just to check that out once in a blue moon. I have had decent food there but I am sure other posters have their own horror stories.

• 2 weeks later...

Biancia's (spelling?) takes the prize for best pizza in town! I was stuck on Decent for the longest time, but when I tried the pizza from Biancia's I was highly impressed. I have actually been there a lot in the past few weeks becuase there pizza is so good.

Last night, finally got a chance to visit there new resturant on Market St. Very nice place, and great food like always.

I've seen Pizza Inns in Mississippi. They're still there... many around Jackson and Hattiesburg where my family lives. I've never had them.... as your wife stated Buke, seems kinda run down and "poor-lookin'".

I wonder why Little Ceasar's left the market. I've seen one or so driving through Florida, one that I can clearly remember as I driver through either Ocala or Lake City on I-75.

I used to love their square shaped Pizza. Someone had told me, and I believed this for a while, that Hungry Howies was the new Little Ceasars. But Clearly, this is not so... I used to work at Hungry Howies... if I think of how certain things were done there, it makes me not want to eat any more pizza at all.

I've been to Chiptole numerous times in Boca Raton and I still prefer Moe's. I guess it would be nice to have one here just so folks would have more options.

And I've been in one McDonald's Bistro Gourmet....talk about "polishing a turd......" :)

Yeah... Poonther really paints a nice visual with that comment.

I didn't see the piece about the second Red Elepahant location? Any chance they can call this one Blue Donkey? I refuse to go to this place because of it's name, else I would have been there long ago.

Did Tallahassee ever have Godfather's Pizza. I tend to cross thoughts of this place with Papa John's, so I don't remember.

Yeah... Poonther really paints a nice visual with that comment.

I didn't see the piece about the second Red Elepahant location? Any chance they can call this one Blue Donkey? I refuse to go to this place because of it's name, else I would have been there long ago.

Did Tallahassee ever have Godfather's Pizza. I tend to cross thoughts of this place with Papa John's, so I don't remember.

• 5 months later...
I wouldn't say it's the best pizza in town, but I like Mellow Mushroom too. Always seems very fresh to me. I read through the earlier responses FL (I almost typoed here) and I don't see where you have actually responded to the question! :stop:

Which pizza joint do you prefer?! Stop avoiding it FL, the masses want to know!! :blink:

I could have sworn I said Pizza Hut baby!!!! :P Shamefully, I'd like to assign it to a locally owned place such as Three Guys from NY who run a close second place, but I simply love the taste of a Meat Lovers without Italian Sausage on Pan Crust. (I must sit back in my chair and rub circles on my stomach).

I could have sworn I said Pizza Hut baby!!!! :P Shamefully, I'd like to assign it to a locally owned place such as Three Guys from NY who run a close second place, but I simply love the taste of a Meat Lovers without Italian Sausage on Pan Crust. (I must sit back in my chair and rub circles on my stomach).

Archived