Bush Impeached?

detwaa84

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That seems a bit provacative, are you saying that Detroit problems began in 1907 when the population was around 400,000?

I always thought Detroit's problem was the creation of the highway system combined with the race issues of the 1960's and the reliance on the automobile and internal combustible mass transit instead of rail and subways.

Really though, what do I know? I wasn't even alive then.

Yes, even earlier, in my opinion. It had already set itself up for an eventual hard fall when it pretty much sold itself to one industry, with subsequent leaders ignoring the warning signs. The 67 riot was an ugly manifestation of things that had been bubbling under the surface for decades. It took a major economic downturn for things to explode. In much the same way that Atlanta was a city "too busy to hate", Detroit, by the time of the riots, wasn't busy enough to hide it. It really did seem like the riot was a sign that everyone knew the economy was about to crash (already crashing), and that former mayors and leaders hadn't done enough to diversify the economy and head of the problems.

Yes, even earlier, in my opinion. It had already set itself up for an eventual hard fall when it pretty much sold itself to one industry, with subsequent leaders ignoring the warning signs. The 67 riot was an ugly manifestation of things that had been bubbling under the surface for decades. It took a major economic downturn for things to explode. In much the same way that Atlanta was a city "too busy to hate", Detroit, by the time of the riots, wasn't busy enough to hide it. It really did seem like the riot was a sign that everyone knew the economy was about to crash (already crashing), and that former mayors and leaders hadn't done enough to diversify the economy and head of the problems.

Archived