Melinda Doolittle sent home

The talented Melinda Doolittle was sent home from American Idol tonight. She is from Brentwood and I watched her on every show. I can't believe she's gone. Anyway, she is a graduate of Belmont University and was a positive example of what one can achieve. She even has a street named after her in the Belmont neighborhood (Melinda Doolittle Way *ok there's the weak urbanism connection, but this is the coffee house anyway*). Here's a link to one of her performances.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8vQcAe8-n1w

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The talented Melinda Doolittle was sent home from American Idol tonight. She is from Brentwood and I watched her on every show. I can't believe she's gone. Anyway, she is a graduate of Belmont University and was a positive example of what one can achieve. She even has a street named after her in the Belmont neighborhood (Melinda Doolittle Way *ok there's the weak urbanism connection, but this is the coffee house anyway*). Here's a link to one of her performances.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8vQcAe8-n1w

Granted she was the best overall singer but the fact is each of the top three will get a lucrative contract so it really doesn't matter which one wins. Once you get into the final few, they all will make CDs and millions of dollars. Plus the entire top twelve goes on tour for the Summer with more exposure and more chances to impress a record company. I hardly call that a raw deal.

I believe Melinda got screwed out of the finals. She was the best singer in the competition and certainly the most consistent. It was nice seeing shots of Nashville on the show but I wish they would have shown a little more.

Unfortunately the competition is not about the best singer, merely being a popularity contest in the end. She unfortunately appealed to a slightly older audience and therefore lost because the largest number of viewers and voters of American Idol are of course teenagers. Thankfully everyone knows this, 3rd place is winning every bit as good as 1st place, and without the binding contracts to go with it, I

Unfortunately the competition is not about the best singer, merely being a popularity contest in the end. She unfortunately appealed to a slightly older audience and therefore lost because the largest number of viewers and voters of American Idol are of course teenagers. Thankfully everyone knows this, 3rd place is winning every bit as good as 1st place, and without the binding contracts to go with it, I

Archived