McDonald's on West End demolished

barakat

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stopped in there for a quick snack the other day and remarked to my buddy how the building looked like it was being intentionally neglected and stated I suspected it would be going down. I noticed over the weekend that it was gone.

My guess is a new McDonald's. If that is indeed the case, it'll be interesting to see how to-the-street zoning will apply. With McD's new emphasis on a better experience, my guess, and it's only a guess, is that they would build a version not unlike their new prototype in Donelson, (but only slicker) with more comfortable seating areas, plasma tvs in each area, a fireplace and for West End, possibly a street-side outdoor dining area.

That's only my crystal ball take on the matter. One thing's for certain, if a new restaurant is what they plan, it sure won't take long to find out.

I live a few blocks from this site and was very happy to see it go as well. I must say, though, that McDonald's is a guilty pleasure and it's nice to have a fast-food alternative to Wendy's in my neighborhood. I'm looking forward to its next incarnation...it's gotta be better than what was there.

Here's a CityPaper article from October. Might shed some light on their strategies. Like it or not, admit or not, this will be an improvement over the old place. It was hard to even go to the restroom there without having to wait for some homeless guy to finish his "shower."

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...p;news_id=52792

I'm still perplexed by the choice of art in the revamped McDonald's on Broadway, which consists only of b/w photos of New York City's bridges and buildings. Would good b/w photos of Nashville not fit in the budget or something?

Archived