Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barakat

McDonald's on West End demolished

15 posts in this topic

The McDonald's on West End by Centennial Park has been demolished, and the adjoining parking lot and ATM have been removed. What's up?

I had heard that the building was in such bad condition that they were planning on demolishing it and rebuilding...

I stopped in there for a quick snack the other day and remarked to my buddy how the building looked like it was being intentionally neglected and stated I suspected it would be going down. I noticed over the weekend that it was gone.

My guess is a new McDonald's. If that is indeed the case, it'll be interesting to see how to-the-street zoning will apply. With McD's new emphasis on a better experience, my guess, and it's only a guess, is that they would build a version not unlike their new prototype in Donelson, (but only slicker) with more comfortable seating areas, plasma tvs in each area, a fireplace and for West End, possibly a street-side outdoor dining area.

That's only my crystal ball take on the matter. One thing's for certain, if a new restaurant is what they plan, it sure won't take long to find out.

Nope, I've seen McD's go up in about a month. That one at Centennial was simply gross. It had to be 40 years old or so.

There is a sign on the property that says it's a re-building project. It would be nice if it had a street corner facade with parking in the back, but what are the chances of that?

Its been down a week or so. If it were up to me it would stay demolished but I am sure they will rebuild it.

A McDonald's being demolished is always a happy thought. Too bad it's being rebuilt.

I live a few blocks from this site and was very happy to see it go as well. I must say, though, that McDonald's is a guilty pleasure and it's nice to have a fast-food alternative to Wendy's in my neighborhood. I'm looking forward to its next incarnation...it's gotta be better than what was there.

I'm still perplexed by the choice of art in the revamped McDonald's on Broadway, which consists only of b/w photos of New York City's bridges and buildings. Would good b/w photos of Nashville not fit in the budget or something?

I'm still perplexed by the choice of art in the revamped McDonald's on Broadway, which consists only of b/w photos of New York City's bridges and buildings. Would good b/w photos of Nashville not fit in the budget or something?

if only it could be a fat moe's.............