FAIR TAX

RedStar25

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dick Armies plan was even better. Basically you pay 10% of your income as taxes. That meant everybody and businesses. No loop holes or exemptions. Now that's fair. Too bad it will probably never happen.

The history of income taxes in America has been a short one. The first one was after the civil war, the second was in the 1890's, and the third was when President Woodrow Wilson passed th 16th ammendment. Hence the modern day income tax.

I like Boortz on alot of issues. I love the idea of a fair tax. The one problem I have is it doesn't lower taxes it just makes them more fair. The good part is it doesn't make taxes higher. Unfortunatley, it will never pass with a Democratic Congress. The Republicans could have done it when they had control of the Congress but they were to busy spending money like drunken sailors.

The only questions I have about the fair tax are what about social security taxes and local sales tax? Interestingly, there is a candidate for President of the Republican party, who is calling for a repeal of the 16th ammendment. If you get a chance check him out. His name is Ron Paul.

I hate to nitpick, but the Republicans tend to spend a little more than the Democrats. Your belief that the Republicans spend less and tax less is based on the leaders SAYING that is what they do. If we weren't in a war-like state right now, we would be doing some kind of buildup like in the Reagan years. According to Bush, he says we are spending less. He says, "We've cut spending Uh-Mericuh," and leaves out the part about his military spending in Afghanistan and Iraq. And he and his Pox Americana buddies dream at night about invading North Korea and Iran. Then, the Democrats say they are going to strong arm the Republicans into pulling out of Iraq and proceed to vote in its favor and WE are paying for it. We sit here on this board and cry about not having funding for adequate rail systems, but we'll all fund a war that a minority backs. Both parties are full of $HIT!!!

I read very little on that Fair Tax website and the brief on it seems to make a lot of sense for our current times.

I totally agree with you. Like I said, Republicans could have done it but they were spending money like drunken sailors. I'm no way saying that the Republicans weren't foolish with money. Thats why I said I was considering switching parties because of the way Republicans had abused power. I don't like either party much either but between the two major I would deffientally side with the TRADITIONAL (not modern day) small government Republicans over the big Gov't dems.

Years ago I stated that "I will never vote for a Democrat". It's just not going to happen.

After this fiasco of Republican control, which they did the exact opposite of what their platform is, I stated that "I will never vote for a Republican."

Well, because of Ron Paul running for President, I just had to go change my party affilitation from Libertarian, back to Republican. Once he loses the primary, it's back to Libertarian.

Don't you have a window on your car?

Also, I think you can buy magnets like that at a craft store. Just stick the sticker to the magnet.

I honestly think that the Libertarian party is what the Repubilcan party should have become. Unfortunatley, the Republicans adopted the foreign policy of Woodrow Wilson and the spending of Lyndon Johnson. This is not what the Republican party was based on traditionally.

Ron Paul tidbits:

*Has been re-elected nine times and has never brought home a pork project.

*Has more signups than Obama and more meetups than 'Draft Al Gore'.

*Is in four countries including Aiustralia and Scotland.

*Is currently the third most popular inquiry on Youtube.

Ron Paul tidbits:

*Has been re-elected nine times and has never brought home a pork project.

*Has more signups than Obama and more meetups than 'Draft Al Gore'.

*Is in four countries including Aiustralia and Scotland.

*Is currently the third most popular inquiry on Youtube.

• 1 month later...

Archived