CA forumers listen up.

MJLO

Hey all I'm Matt the moderator for the west section of Urban Planet. In the past year I have not spent any time at all dedicated to the California subforums. Lately it seems a little more life has been coming into the CA section. I need to know a few things. How many CA forumers do I currently have, (If you have not already please go to the main page for the USA West forum and vote in the thread titled " What part of the west are you from?") And more importantly are there any subjects you'd all like to see more of, discussed and posted, and what can we do to help further CA's section along?

Feel free to PM Me, or just post something in this thread. I'll be checking back, I'll be devoting a little more time to CA in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

I just moved here from Rhode Island, which has an excellent forum on this site...I think that it is an excellent example of what TO do. I think that it would help if the California forum were broken up into sections that were more relevant - northern + southern cal, etc. or "bay area." It seems like right now many of the posts don't fit into the sub-forums because having them as cities is too specific.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/Rhode-Island-f141.html

Even if a sub forum ends up looking a bit empty I think it is important to create them.

There absolutely needs to be a LA forum. if I were interested in LA and found this forum for the first time I would leave quickly when I notice there is nothing for LA.

I think that if anyone has any interests or experiences worth posting they should do so in the appropriate location.

I posted a Napa thread because I visited the city and noticed tons of development.

the few other people who visit this board jumped all over it because it was new content.

if we can encourage people from other regions to post in here a little bit by adding some content I have no doubt that membership will rise.

Yeka, if you post about the community you moved to I am sure others will participate. I know I read these forums from time to time and contrivute where I can, but I spend very little time out West.

Just a thought...several of the more active forums have an Off-Topic Posting section, which I think would be a great place for all of us to feel comfortable getting to know each other so we can all communicate better. Also, a local happenings section might be nice. I've definitely had a hard time managing California's fragmented event calendars strewn about the internet. When I lived in Providence, they actually hosted an urbanplanet event at the site of a new hotel while it was under construction. We got a full tour - including the roof (hardhats were required,) and we went out to dinner at a new local restaurant afterward. That is definitely possible here...in time. But it's something to keep in mind.

Archived