Nashville Arena to become "Sommet Center"!

Lexy

From an article on the Tennessean website. It will be pronounced the "SO-May Center" after the Franklin based company signed a deal for naming rights!

Snippet from the article and link:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../705180436/1002

Nashville Arena will become The Sommet Center today under a naming agreement between the Nashville Predators and Franklin-based Sommet Group, a Predators official said.

A news conference was scheduled for 11 a.m. today. The Predators official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the deal was long-term but would not provide financial details.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't think of a "championship" caliber course in the area really...

and also, I wonder how many people will pronounce this the "Summitt" center...quite a few I'm sure

People will continue calling it The GEC for some time to come, much like so many people still call LP Field The Colosseum.

Speaking of names.... Is anyone else on board for calling LP field The Lumber Yard????

It makes great sence since LP is a construction company and evey Sunday the Titans can go lay some wood!!!!!

I think it would be pretty catchy, Lambeau is known as The Frozen Tundra, Cleavland has The Dog Pound, why can't we have The Lumber Yard???? Just a thought.....

I've heard that "Through the Green" is champ calibre. Don't know first hand.

This would be a nice addition to the scene in Nashville. I've been to the Wachovia in Charlotte, and it's been very nice for them. I've even been to the Fedex in Memphis. Gosh, I miss my golf.

Archived