Taylor/Spinks Fight?

RyanA

For anyone that watched the fight on 5.19.07, I bet you were disappointed. That had to be, by far, the worst match I've ever seen Taylor in. The crowd was doing more booing than cheering. Taylor won, but it wasn't the way most people expected him to win. He had a 117 to 111 over Spinks. Then Spinks had a 117 to 111 over Taylor. And then Taylor over Spinks 115 to 113. The fight was so bad that it was a close call for Taylor. It may be that he was the favorite.

I still believe Taylor's a good boxer, but he hasn't met his match yet.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For anyone that watched the fight on 5.19.07, I bet you were disappointed. That had to be, by far, the worst match I've ever seen Taylor in. The crowd was doing more booing than cheering. Taylor won, but it wasn't the way most people expected him to win. He had a 117 to 111 over Spinks. Then Spinks had a 117 to 111 over Taylor. And then Taylor over Spinks 115 to 113. The fight was so bad that it was a close call for Taylor. It may be that he was the favorite.

I still believe Taylor's a good boxer, but he hasn't met his match yet.

Archived