WAC

1. Fresno State

2. Nevada

3. Louisiana Tech

4. San Jose State

5. Hawaii

6. Sacramento State

Other News:

At the conclusion of the 2007 regular season, SEC baseball teams saw 1,575,873 in paid attendance at their home stadiums, nearly 100,000 more than during the 2006 record-setting season. In addition, the average attendance at each game rose to 4,010, a new all-time high as well.

The SEC has drawn over one million in paid attendance for six straight seasons. No other conference has ever drawn a million or more fans to its baseball stadiums during a single season.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ACC

1. Florida State

2. North Carolina

3. Virginia

4. Clemson

5. Miami

6. North Carolina State

7. Georgia Tech

8. Wake Forest

Big East

1. Saint John's

2. Rutgers

3. Louisville

4. Pittsburgh

5. University of South Florida

6. Villanova

7. Notre Dame

8. Connecticut

Big 10

1. Michigan

2. Minnesota

3. Penn State

4. Iowa

5. Illinois

6. Ohio State

Big 12

1. Texas

2. Missouri

3. Oklahoma State

4. Nebraska

5. Texas A&M

6. Baylor

7. Oklahoma

8. Kansas State

C-USA

1. Rice

2. East Carolina

3. Southern Mississippi

4. Houston

5. Memphis

6. UAB

7. Tulane

8. University of Central Florida

MAC

1. Eastern Michigan

2. Kent State

3. Central Michigan

4. Miami

5. Northern Illinois

6. Toledo

MWC

1. Texas Christian

2. BYU

3. Utah

4. San Diego State

5. New Mexico

6. UNLV

Pac 10 No Tournament

SEC

1. VANDERBILT

2. ARKANSAS

3. SOUTH CAROLINA

4. MISSISSIPPI STATE

5. OLE MISS

6. FLORIDA

7. ALABAMA

8. TENNESSEE

Sun Belt

1. Louisiana - Lafayette

2. New Orleans

3. Middle Tennessee State

4. Troy

5. Louisiana - Monroe

6. Florida Atlantic

7. Western Kentucky

8. Sout Alabama

WAC

1. Fresno State

2. Nevada

3. Louisiana Tech

4. San Jose State

5. Hawaii

6. Sacramento State

Other News:

At the conclusion of the 2007 regular season, SEC baseball teams saw 1,575,873 in paid attendance at their home stadiums, nearly 100,000 more than during the 2006 record-setting season. In addition, the average attendance at each game rose to 4,010, a new all-time high as well.

The SEC has drawn over one million in paid attendance for six straight seasons. No other conference has ever drawn a million or more fans to its baseball stadiums during a single season.

I just did the conferences that are in the Bowl Division. I partly did it because I live in Maryland and the sports pages here are the world's worst. This past Sunday had like six pages of Lacrosse and then about six on the Preakness. Two on the AL. That was about it. They barely even mentioned the NBA Playoffs or either NASCAR or anything else. It never has any college baseball at all. You can forget that women's NCAA exists at all.

The thing about Lacrosse is that it is so Regional that it should not qualify as an NCAA sport. Maryland and DC have a lot of teams that qualify for the NCAAs. 10 teams from NY, 7 from PA, 7 from MD, 3 from MA, 2 from DC, 2 from NC. The only state that isn't along the I-95 that has more than 1 team is 2 in CO. There are only 5 teams West of the Applalachians 1 OH, 1 IN, 1KY. Traditionally Notre Dame has been the "Western" representative in the NCAA Championship. When you look at the Powers in Lacrosse it shows how minor it is. For Example: Towson, Johns Hopkins, Delaware, Maryland Baltimore County: those are just major powers in every sport. Don't get me wrong. I don't really have a beef with Lacrosse. It is just that I wish that either the Washington or Baltimore papers would show something about some other college sports besides Lacrosse and they vertually ignore everything except basketball and to some extent football.

I guess that they don't love Rhode Island and Brown sports in the newspapers there. That sounds even worse, since I don't follow Pro Sports at all. I will read to see standings, etc; but I don't watch or follow the games. For whatever reason the pros don't interest me.

Baseball Tournament Regionals have been announced.

National Top 8 Seeds

1. Vanderbilt

2. Rice

3. North Carolina

4. Texas

5. Arizona St.

6. Florida St.

7. Arkansas

8. San Diego

couple of surprises are LeMoyne a new DI team making the tournament, USD getting a top 8 seed, Mid-Major getting so many bids and the SEC missing out on some teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Super Regionals are set.

June 8-11

Michigan

Oregon St.

UCLA

Cal St. Fullerton

Arizona St.

Ole Miss

Wichita St.

UC-Irvine

Rice

Texas A&M

Louisville

Oklahoma St.

Mississippi St.

Clemson

South Carolina

North Carolina

Only 3 of the Top 8 Seeds have moved on to the super regionals. Any who Pick'um, who moves onto the CWS?

dgreco,

I agree with Oregon State, Arizona State, Rice, and Louisville.

I can't see South Carolina beating North Carolina or Cal State Fullerton beating UCLA. I guess that I want Wichita State over UC-Irvine, but I don't know enough about the Ant Eaters.

I'll root for Mississippi State over Clemson, Ole Miss over Arizona State, and South Carolina over North Carolina. I have to keep supporting the SEC. If I have a team that I would most like to see win it all, it would be Ole Miss. Hotty Toddy Gosh Almightly Who the Hell are We?

South Carolina went out to a 6 - 0 start and North Carolina slowly inched back into the game. Then the South Carolina pitcher imploded in the 7th and blew that game. Not a good game to watch.

Rice tied it up in their game in the 9th. Won it by one in the 10th of what was a very low scoring game. It was a good game from the point of view that both teams played very well and deserved to win.

Today Mississippi State became the first team in the College World's Series.

Mississippi State 8

Clemson 5

Mississippi State is the first team to move on to the CWS.

And TennBear you are right I thought I was going to be dead on with my USC predicition, but now I am not overally sure.

UC-Irvine 1

Wichita St. 0

Oklahoma St. 3

Louisville 2

Oklahoma St. forces a deciding game three in a 12 inning win.

Archived