Two 35 story condo towers, hotel at Underground

Guest donaltopablo

Guest donaltopablo

This is a previously annouced project, but they are finally releasing a few more details about it.

Two 35-story condo buildings planned near Centennial Olympic Park

By WALTER WOODS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 04/29/04

Condo developer Jim Borders and his company, Novare Group, plan to build two huge, 35-story towers with more than 1,000 homes near Centennial Olympic Park downtown.

The project, across Alexander Street from the recently-announced new Southern Co. headquarters, will also include a 10-story, 100-room hotel and 30,000 square feet of retail space.

Borders hopes to break ground this year and open the towers by 2006.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest donaltopablo

It's also nice knowing that this is a very reliable development company, with several successful condo projects completed and under construction in Atlanta.

It will certainly be a huge boost to the area and compliment the other residential towers and midrise/low rise developments near the park.

Guest donaltopablo

Yeah, the area where these towers will be going up is really starting to transform. A couple of other residential projects on the neighboring plots of land and a few office projects as well. Plus, they are all dense, with street level retail.

And in addition this will fill in a rather large skyline gap between Downtown & Midtown (I realize the 'technical' definition is that it is downtown, but I consider the area south of North Ave lower Midtown). I'll have to see more renderings before I have a strong opinion concerning the architectual design of the structure - but I have to admit, I'm excited about the first new high rises in downtown in 10 years.

Guest donaltopablo

The free (I85/I75) is the official boundary to the North. This will sit just before the freeway. This would be kind of the NW corner of downtown. It would provide some fill in the skyline, although the biggest gap exists down south of North Ave but before you cross into DT.

The free (I85/I75) is the official boundary to the North. This will sit just before the freeway. This would be kind of the NW corner of downtown. It would provide some fill in the skyline, although the biggest gap exists down south of North Ave but before you cross into DT.

The official border is North Ave. http://www.midtownalliance.org/pdf/SPI_16MAP.PDF

I would agree that the freeway creates a more psychological boundary between downtown & midtown, but before the freeway was built the area south of North Ave was considered the business district & north was the residential district.

Guest donaltopablo

The official border is North Ave. http://www.midtownalliance.org/pdf/SPI_16MAP.PDF

I would agree that the freeway creates a more psychological boundary between downtown & midtown, but before the freeway was built the area south of North Ave was considered the business district & north was the residential district.

Hmm, interesting. Most everything I've seen has the freeway as the northern boundary. But your right, it might just be psychological.

Archived