Pittsburgh-Cleveland corridor?

TheGerbil

http://post-gazette.com/pg/07140/787301-28.stm

This article talks about cooperation between groups in the two cities, with the goal of creating a Pittsburgh-Cleveland biotech corridor. This isn't far-fetched at all; it's mostly a matter or marketing and common goals. This would really help both cities to compete better against areas like Boston.

I think it's great. My only concern is that Cleveland, being a slightly larger city, might overshadow Pittsburgh somewhat. But that's a minor concern. I think this is a great venture. I am sure both cities would benefit considerably.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Cleveland's overall economy is in shambles right now... it's one bright spot is the "health and education" sector... I assume that includes biotech. They have some strong assets in the Cleveland Clinic and Case Western... and Cleveland is quite close... so I think a union may reap results... just as long as Pittsburgh gets the lion's share.

I hope this comes to fruition as well but right now it just looks like lip-service or marketing, which is ok but we need to create some real strategy on how to connect the two and collaborate more strongly. The fact of the matter is if Cleveland was within PA this would make perfect sense to everyone but the fact that there is a little line between us, it won't get as much support.

Archived