Starbucks on Alpine Ave

• 4 months later...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me the other noteworthy thing about this is Starbucks repurposing an existing structure. They did the same thing with an old gas station in Fort Wayne a couple of years ago and the project came out looking quite nice.

Having spent some time in my life in Seattle (and offering apologies to one and all in whatever part I may have had as a customer on unleashing this monster on the world) fact of the matter is they, for the most part, are responsible corporate citizens and I welcome thier decision to "recycle" buildings.

Sorry to hear that, you really should get out a bit more! :D

Maybe they should use the underground tanks. I mean, what better to add to a cup of coffee than a hint of petroleum? In fact, I think some coffee shops and restaurants in town are already doing this. Mmmmmm, fossil fuels.....

• 2 weeks later...
According to that map, Alpine Avenue's highest traffic count is 52700/52800 between 3 Mile and 4 Mile.

East Beltline's highest is 50100, between Leonard and Knapp.

28th Street's highest is 48200, between US-131 and Division.

Plainfield Avenue's highest is just 38300.

Lake Michigan Drive's highest is just 37100.

According to that map, Alpine Avenue's highest traffic count is 52700/52800 between 3 Mile and 4 Mile.

Archived