Greenville Tech Growth

distortedlogic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't mind the college moving downtown if it were to become a regular 4 year school. County Square has a bright future as it is, I think the Rutherford Rd, Pete Hollis area would be a great spot- especially with the library being right there... Just some random thoughts late at night :)

Gtech's numbers are really starting to get impressive now. The lates figures I have seen is about 15,000 students, with 20,000 "continuing education students", for a total of 35,000. The 15k alone puts it nearly even with Clemson. In probably about two more years, it will have surpassed it. Not sure what all constitutes continuing education, but I suppose it just diferentiates from regular full-time undergrad?

Gtech's numbers are really starting to get impressive now. The lates figures I have seen is about 15,000 students, with 20,000 "continuing education students", for a total of 35,000. The 15k alone puts it nearly even with Clemson. In probably about two more years, it will have surpassed it. Not sure what all constitutes continuing education, but I suppose it just diferentiates from regular full-time undergrad?

Im still taking transfer classes at tech. Ive already completed an associates degree in computer networking. It was a good learning environment and the classes were small and easy to learn in. Now ive started taking some transfer classes towards my bachelors. It takes a while working full time and going at night but a lot of people are doing it. On a side note Greenville tech is now partnered with Franklin University in Columbus, OH. They will take all your credits from an associates degree which is usually between 70-75 credits and they will be good towards a bachelors degree. I think it is pretty neat with Gtech establishing some good partnerships with even more 4 year universities to make it more flexible for the students.

Archived