Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOT

Major City-Big City-Mid City-Small CIty

8 posts in this topic

Let's gets some debate going shall we? Hours away from a Superbowl Hosting Selection - Here is how I view some "City Hiearchy in the Midwest for "best in class"

Major City - Chicago hands down

Big City - Indy - a smaller Chicago getting bigger everyday

Mid City - Grand Rapids, MI - Ok I'm biased, but we are on the move looking at what Indy is doing

Small City - You pick!!

well, small city, would probably have to be somewhere like crawfordsville, or Greensburg, both quite beautiful.

well, small city, would probably have to be somewhere like crawfordsville, or Greensburg, both quite beautiful.

^Ft. Wayne would be more of a mid-city IMO (standards of course differ), as its way larger than Greensburg or Crawfordsville, which are more in the small city or town category. I guess it also depends on how small the definition of city in this context is going to go.

Not to downgrade Greensburg or Crawfordsville but what about Columbus for small city. There aren't any towns its size that can boast the world-class architechural resume Columbus can. Just sayin'.

I would consider Muncie, Terre Haute, and possibly even Evansville to be small cities. Fort Wayne might be called a medium sized city.

I would have to go with Petosky, MI for shear beauty of the place.

I hear you on that, Petoskey is definately a beautiful town. I was really surprised at the size of downtown when I was there last summer. There are just tons of small towns to choose from but it's up there.

Major city- Chicago

Big city- only city I've been to that fits this size is Detroit

Mid city- Grand Rapids