MeadWestvaco Headquarters

wrldcoupe4

The glass does look quite nice. Imagine if the building was double its height.

Someone asked about topping out. It has not happened yet but it seems to be close. Currently steel is being erected through the center portion of the structure. Both ends seem to be at its full height. 7th Street has become a "mini-canyon".

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Terrific work, Tommy, a/k/a TBurban. The blue-clad MeadWestVaco mid-rise on the canal front belies the sliding economy. Just the other day the company announced employee lay-offs which will necessitate leasing out two floors of the new building. But the tide will come back in soon. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your great photography.

PS: I'm very pleased to see the flag poles dressed. ;)

Terrific work, Tommy, a/k/a TBurban. The blue-clad MeadWestVaco mid-rise on the canal front belies the sliding economy. Just the other day the company announced employee lay-offs which will necessitate leasing out two floors of the new building. But the tide will come back in soon. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your great photography.

PS: I'm very pleased to see the flag poles dressed. ;)

Thanks again, Burt. The flags do look good!

No, where is it exactly?

Look at the last row of glass, towards the northwest corner (towards the back) on the most recent pics.

One can also clearly see the "V" on the crane pics of the Williams Mullen Thread; the pic taken from 5th Street.

• 1 month later...

Looks like they are working on the lighting scheme for this project. Tonight the northern half of the roof was lit with a bright , really obnoxiously bright, white neon. It was so bright in fact that from the Manchester Bridge, I thought that the Federal Reserve had attempted to light it

Looks like they are working on the lighting scheme for this project. Tonight the northern half of the roof was lit with a bright , really obnoxiously bright, white neon. It was so bright in fact that from the Manchester Bridge, I thought that the Federal Reserve had attempted to light it

• 4 weeks later...

Driving to work this morning was the first time I noticed that the entire roofline of this building is rimmed with a white light. It almost looks like a tube of neon wrapping around the whole roofline. It's on right now if anybody else has a view of it from their office or home.

I think that the lights are way too bright. It looks more like hundreds of headlights in a row. Perhaps if the glass portion is fully lit at night, it will appear to tone down the lights around the roof. As it is now it ruins the view of the skyline in the way that when looking into headlights, nothing around them can be seen.

• 1 month later...

Archived