SIFE International Headquarters Phase II

SIFE International Headquarters Phase II

general_pic_143.jpg

The Students in Free Enterprise, Phase II addition will add approximately 31,600 sq ft of additional class and presentation rooms. This building will complement the existing facility and compensate for the growth this international organization has experienced. The building will have 3 floors with a basement. This is a structural steel frame building with a combination of brick and EFIS exterior. The addition will tie into and have access to each of the floors in the existing building. Audio visual aids, a kitchen, a storage and loading dock, as well as several conference rooms and offices will be added to the existing facility upon the completion of this addition.

The Architect choosen for the project is Lohmeyer-Russell Architects, and the Killian Group of Companies is the contractor.

Direct Webcam Link to progress: http://www.killco.com/projects/showdetail/rec_id/143

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the design but it looks odd built right up next to the existing building. Hopefully they will remodel the existing building in the near future.

I drive by this site almost every day and they are making great progress. They have started to pour the concrete so we should see it start rising in the next month or so. I'll add the webcam to the first post in the topic.

I really like the design but it looks odd built right up next to the existing building. Hopefully they will remodel the existing building in the near future.

I drive by this site almost every day and they are making great progress. They have started to pour the concrete so we should see it start rising in the next month or so. I'll add the webcam to the first post in the topic.

I agree with you... I don't like the existing building, it reminded me something from Kansas' Farmland. I heard something about them long time ago about Phase III, I think. Do you heard anything about it?

So as I drove down Glenstone over I-44 I looked at the SIFE building and realized that this new addition will be a pretty big building. It is quite larger than the the existing building and will be a little taller. It will look great from I-44!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Well if no one has been by this yet they are basically done. Although the design of the building changed quite a bit from the rendering provided earlier. They has ALOT less glass and ALOT of stucco... they also took out the really cool glass cylinder with the steel structure sticking out. None-the-less it is still a nice building. They have the new render on the architechs website, I don't remember who it is. Also, those new apartments (Coryell Courts) going up right across the street are up and it looks like they only have 2 more building to go out of 8.

Archived