The Village At Brodie Creek

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, I'm disappointed, as well. When this intersection started gaining buzz about it becoming a new development hot spot, I had a great deal of hope for it emerging as a major retail hub. Instead, it's become the land of the automobile dealership. Rave is beginning to look like an orphan.

I agree and it is unfortunate. I am very surpised that nothing more came of the area. The Rave was the best place to see a movie in LR for years. Yet there is nothing else to do around it other than buy a car. I would say that the potential in that area has passed with the IMAX opening and all the new car dealership proposals.

Does anybody think the low population density of that area has anything to do with it? I really don't see how that area could be developed into a high profile retail corridor with all the other developments happening in the area. I think car dealerships fit the area well, and as much as I like the Rave theater it is actually whats out of place in that area.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a plumbing permit for the new Mercedes dealer that will be going in near the Rave. I still don't think that's the best location for them, maybe more traffic than the old one, but it doesn't seem upscale enough, being surrounded by a movie theater, a Kia dealer and Mazda and Nissan dealers.

There's a plumbing permit for the new Mercedes dealer that will be going in near the Rave. I still don't think that's the best location for them, maybe more traffic than the old one, but it doesn't seem upscale enough, being surrounded by a movie theater, a Kia dealer and Mazda and Nissan dealers.

As a Mercedes owner, I don't understand it, although I know they may want more room because the Rebsamen space is pretty cramped. Closer to the Audi and BMW dealers would have made sense. The closest luxury dealer to them will be Lexus and that's a mile away.

As a Mercedes owner, I don't understand it, although I know they may want more room because the Rebsamen space is pretty cramped. Closer to the Audi and BMW dealers would have made sense. The closest luxury dealer to them will be Lexus and that's a mile away.

I don't think the Land Rover/Jag dealer made a good move. There's terrible visibility and the brands are suffering enough as it is. All it has going for it is the off-road course you can try out your LR on. Oh, and they sell Lincolns, too, in case we forgot.

I don't think the Land Rover/Jag dealer made a good move. There's terrible visibility and the brands are suffering enough as it is. All it has going for it is the off-road course you can try out your LR on. Oh, and they sell Lincolns, too, in case we forgot.

I still find this quite baffling, and maintain that were Win still with us, this would not even be in consideration. But aside from that....

First, why would this relocation be helpful in any way to existing or new customers (short of state-wide benz owners that will find freeway access convenient)? I would be willing to bet that 80% of their customers live north and east from here. So whether they're making an initial purchase, or dropping their car off for service, its completely out of the way - especially considering that its completely out of the commute route to in-town businesses, specifically downtown. If I were a Benz owner living in the Heights, I would be fairly perturbed about this.

Second, Colonel Glenn? Seriously? Next to Mazda and Kia (or whatever)? I'm sorry, there is no synthesis to be had by co-locating with these dealers. This is also not a particularly high-end part of town. If you are shopping at this level, the Benz dealer is a destination unto itself - nobody cross-shops Toyota and MB (BMW, Audi, Lexus and perhaps Cadillac being the exceptions). Granted, Jaguar-Land Rover will be neighbors (and there was some rumor to BMW - at least that would begin to justify this in some way).

Let's just say that the new facility better be pretty top-notch to overcome this gaffe!

Archived