The Red Wings (sniff)

Here I am, stuck in the land of the Ducks, having to read tomorrow in the LA Times about how those guys beat my Red Wings (the only Detroit sports team that I really love -- well maybe the Tigers in a good year).

Shoot. :(

I had a feeling after Game 5, which Detroit had won (won, I tell you!!) with like two minutes to go in the third period.

Aaarrrggghh!! :(

There. I feel better.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed, it was nice to see them labeled over-achievers for once instead of the Red Badge of Choking they've gotten the last few years.

I was proud of their grit and tenacity this year.

Even in a losing effort, the final 10 minutes of game 6 were proof that hockey still has an energy no other sport can match (in my opinion).

I think that they made a good run of it this year, but I also realize that they are going through some transitions. In the past few years the face of their team is getting younger. As these guys learn from the remaining legends and next year

Archived