TennBear

NCAA Division I Softball Championship

Super Regionals

Best-of-three

Eastern times

Knoxville Regional

At Tyson Park

Knoxville, Tenn.

Friday, May 25: Hawai'i (49-11) at Tennessee (57-5), 8 p.m. (2 p.m. Hawai'i times)

Saturday, May 26: Hawai'i at Tennessee, 4 p.m. (10 a.m. HST)

Saturday, May 26: Hawai'i at Tennessee, 6:30 p.m. (12:30 p.m.), if necessary

Evanston Regional

At Sharon J. Drysdale Field

Evanston, Ill.

Friday, May 25: South Carolina (38-24) at Northwestern (48-11), 4 p.m.

Saturday, May 26: South Carolina at Northwestern, 2 p.m.

Saturday, May 26: South Carolina at Northwestern, 5:30 p.m., if necessary

Norman Regional

At OU Softball Complex

Norman, Okla.

Saturday, May 26: DePaul (44-11) at Oklahoma (55-6), Noon

Sunday, May 27: DePaul at Oklahoma, 1 p.m.

Sunday, May 27: DePaul at Oklahoma, 3 p.m., if necessary

Waco Regional

At Getterman Stadium

Waco, Texas

Friday, May 25: Michigan (46-11) at Baylor (48-13), 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 26: Michigan at Baylor, 2 p.m.

Saturday, May 26: Michigan at Baylor, 4:30 p.m., if necessary

College Station Regional

At Aggie Softball Complex

College Station, Texas

Friday, May 25: Florida (49-20) at at Texas A&M (44-11), 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 26: Florida at Texas A&M, 2 p.m.

Saturday, May 26: Florida at Texas A&M, 4:30 p.m., if necessary

Tucson Regional

At Hillenbrand Memorial Stadium

Tucson, Ariz.

Saturday, May 26: Cal State Fullerton (38-21) at Arizona (42-12-1), 7 p.m.

Sunday, May 27: Cal State Fullerton at Arizona, 2 p.m.

Sunday, May 27: Cal State Fullerton at Arizona, 4:30 p.m., if necessary

Tempe Regional

At Farrington Stadium

Tempe, Ariz.

Friday, May 25: LSU (55-10) at Arizona State (52-15), 10 p.m.

Saturday, May 26: LSU at Arizona State, 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 26: LSU at Arizona State, 10 p.m., if necessary

Seattle Regional

At Husky Softball Stadium

Seattle

Friday, May 25: Alabama (55-8) at Washington (38-17), 6:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 26: Alabama at Washington, 3 p.m.

Saturday, May 26: Alabama at Washington, 5:30 p.m., if necessary

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for getting all the info, I love the end of may all the best sports (imo - spring sports are the best) championships at the same time and all get some decent coverage and do not over do the coverage.

Go Michigan and to a lesser extent, Northwestern. I've been an avid softball fan since 2005 when Michigan won it all.

I think Tennessee and the rest of the SEC got jobbed in terms of seedings. I like the purple but they weren't the second best team in the country this season.

Oklahoma takes it all in front of a "home" crowd at the series. Their hitting is among the best in all of college softball and they have one heck of an ace in Eckermann.

My predictions are for the weekend are:

Tennessee

Northwestern

Oklahoma

Michigan

Texas A&M

Arizona

Arizona State

Alabama

Team most likely to pull off the upset: Hawaii, don't overlook them Vols fans. Hawaii can mash with the best of them and their pitching is pretty darned good as well.

Best match-up of the weekend: LSU-Arizona State. Both teams would make noise in the WCWS, its unfortunate that only one will advance.

Michigan is the only team east of the Mississippi river to ever win the WCWS. Will Tennessee, Alabama, Northwestern, or Michigan do it this year?

Go Michigan and to a lesser extent, Northwestern. I've been an avid softball fan since 2005 when Michigan won it all.

I think Tennessee and the rest of the SEC got jobbed in terms of seedings. I like the purple but they weren't the second best team in the country this season.

Oklahoma takes it all in front of a "home" crowd at the series. Their hitting is among the best in all of college softball and they have one heck of an ace in Eckermann.

My predictions are for the weekend are:

Tennessee

Northwestern

Oklahoma

Michigan

Texas A&M

Arizona

Arizona State

Alabama

Team most likely to pull off the upset: Hawaii, don't overlook them Vols fans. Hawaii can mash with the best of them and their pitching is pretty darned good as well.

Best match-up of the weekend: LSU-Arizona State. Both teams would make noise in the WCWS, its unfortunate that only one will advance.

Michigan is the only team east of the Mississippi river to ever win the WCWS. Will Tennessee, Alabama, Northwestern, or Michigan do it this year?

Good athletes can choose where they want to play. Look at Northwestern softball, their three best players all played on the west coast. Where I do think certain sports is growing is seeing said players playing out of "area" and thus encouraging local players to play to that level. Northwestern softball is a good example of this. They are doing so well this year based on recruiting the players from softballs' "hotbead" yet are starting to grow their own Midwestern rooots and doing well with Midwestern players.

As big of a big ten softball fan as I am, a great deal of those players grew up playing for California or Arizona high schools. Michigan broke the glass ceiling in 2005. Northwestern kept it alive in 06 with a runner up finish. While the geographical location of those schools are a big deal, it will really be significant once these schools can win with a great deal of "local" recruits. Same goes for Big 12 and SEC teams although both confrerences may have passed the Pac 10 this year in softball.

Good athletes can choose where they want to play. Look at Northwestern softball, their three best players all played on the west coast. Where I do think certain sports is growing is seeing said players playing out of "area" and thus encouraging local players to play to that level. Northwestern softball is a good example of this. They are doing so well this year based on recruiting the players from softballs' "hotbead" yet are starting to grow their own Midwestern rooots and doing well with Midwestern players.

As big of a big ten softball fan as I am, a great deal of those players grew up playing for California or Arizona high schools. Michigan broke the glass ceiling in 2005. Northwestern kept it alive in 06 with a runner up finish. While the geographical location of those schools are a big deal, it will really be significant once these schools can win with a great deal of "local" recruits. Same goes for Big 12 and SEC teams although both confrerences may have passed the Pac 10 this year in softball.

Archived