Charlotte Residential Tower Rumors

appatone

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently not only the views are still to come, but so is the rest of the webiste.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Real estate agents are sent out invitations yesterday for a big new hi-rise project in Uptown with prices ranging from $195K to $700K. My suspicion is that it is this new building we've been speaking of.

Does anyone have a copy of this invitation they can scan? What exactly does this invitation say about when there is going to b an announcement?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just got it through e-mail. Don't know when the official announcement is going to be. I'm sure if you just ask a few RE agents you can get in on it, although they said it is 10 am tommorrow.

They better do it quickly, before morrell declares it a historic building.  He is on a rampage.

:lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't mind the historic building designations, we've got plenty of parking lots to fill.

Rumor is that these are the following brackets.

Approx 550 - 1800 sq feet

Approx 196k - 625k

Throw in the pool and other amenities mentioned on McDevitt's website and it looks like it will be on the high end price wise.

i wonder what the height will be. Dude, those prices are crazy. 550 sf for 196k is over 350/sf!

im glad the center city inn is going. it was rumored a few years ago that a highrise hotel would occupy the site, so this just trends with the redevelopment talks that have gone on for awhile.

i wonder what the height will be. Dude, those prices are crazy. 550 sf for 196k is over 350/sf!

im glad the center city inn is going. it was rumored a few years ago that a highrise hotel would occupy the site, so this just trends with the redevelopment talks that have gone on for awhile.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The funny thing was I was nervous that I had somehow overpaid at $220 per square foot at Courtside. If the Trademark sells well, I guess those fears will be proven unfounded.

I'm having doubts though that this is a Blvd Centro development because of the prices. They're known for being on the lower end and trying to stay affordable. Maybe it is whoever did the Ratcliffe? Of course the term "affordable" is relative. Many can afford to drop $200k, but would they for such a small place?

I think the high prices of steel and other construction materials are affecting the unit prices. I am very excited that Trade is getting built out with taller buildings. I think that will help the skyline, and help spur development further away from Tryon.

As I have said before on this forum, they can't demolish the Center City Inn fast enough, from my perspective. Charlotte should not have low-rise motels like that and the Day's Inn on Tryon on major streets in the CBD.

The funny thing was I was nervous that I had somehow overpaid at $220 per square foot at Courtside.  If the Trademark sells well, I guess those fears will be proven unfounded.

I'm having doubts though that this is a Blvd Centro development because of the prices.  They're known for being on the lower end and trying to stay affordable.  Maybe it is whoever did the Ratcliffe?  Of course the term "affordable" is relative.  Many can afford to drop $200k, but would they for such a small place?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I paid $170 sw ft for my Blvd Centro project in 2003...and I thought that was steep...lol

In the Business Journal under "Table Talk."

Charlotte architect and developer David Furman is close to wrapping up a new condominium deal at 319 W. Trade St., the former Uptown Motor Inn, real estate sources say.

The motel has been a persistent eyesore in the heart of uptown. And despite a string of owners in recent years, the half-acre property has failed to keep up with the West Trade resurgence that has seen the development of such projects as Gateway Village and the new Johnson & Wales University campus.

Furman already has several uptown residential projects in the works, including his Courtside condos adjacent to the new arena.

He evidently has been keeping as close an eye on West Trade as he has on East Trade.

Furman, the sources say, is planning something he's calling Trademark, a 28-story residential tower that will include about 7,000 square feet of ground-level retail and two to three stories of office space.

Helen Adams Realty is said to be quietly marketing the project for presales.

Archived