Baton Rouge *Rises

dan326

^ I wonder why?? Seems like every once in awhile this happens? But most of the time it seems like the lighting at the State Capitol continues to improve!

I'd like to see 2 or 3 more 8-12 story projects downtown, and eventually a 30+ story tower.

What we do have going on looks great, though. Any word on Riverplace? I sure hope the developer sells that land to someone who will develop it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ I wonder why?? Seems like every once in awhile this happens? But most of the time it seems like the lighting at the State Capitol continues to improve!

I think the Advocate property will have two buildings of 8-12 stories you are speaking of(hopefully hear something by end of year?); Never heard anything in over a 1 1/2 year ago about the Sixth Street office tower that was to be 10-stories high. If they are really serious about adding a "convention center" type hotel for RiverCenter? It needs to be at least 17-stories on top of the venue itself.

I called the Third Street hospitality center this(Monday) afternoon. The phone # is on the RiverPlace website; they said definetly "the begining" of the new year. Maybe that's debatable with the numerous delays time and time again since he did already tell me November(same prob w/ Trump Tower in NOLA?). If any of yall have disputes over this or think this project is a dud? Then please call for yourselves...this can be a "team" effort to get to the bottom of this! :thumbsup:

As long as the hospitality center is still open, there is hope. I will not give-up yet; The developer invested too much ca$h in this to turn back now.

Posted earlier BR Growth thread :thumbsup: Slight postponment or not..Can't wait to see some renderings in December. Two 11-story apartment towers has me stoked! This is a big project! Sure to transform the area less than 1/2 mile from bridge.

Prince Murat plans postponed

A request to rezone the old Prince Murat Inn site to allow for construction of a residential/office development has been postponed until December. River House Partners wants to build two 176-unit, 11-story residential towers on Nicholson Drive, with two 20,000-square-foot commercial buildings in front. The development, called 1480 Nicholson, would feature a rooftop swimming pool on one apartment tower and a garden and rooftop track on the other.

Hope to keep this thread rollin! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like it has potential to be a nice mid-rise project if they add the retail and residential to the parking garage. Excellent location on Third & Florida Street across from the retro Coca-Cola sign.

St. James considers buying downtown parking lot

St. James Episcopal Church is negotiating to buy a parking lot at the corner of Florida and Third streets. The Rev. Mark Holland, rector of St. James, says the church wants to build a parking garage on the site. "The church needs parking on weekends and evenings, while downtown needs parking Monday through Friday during the day," Holland says. "This could serve a dual use." Holland says other options, such as adding residences or retail space to the garage, are also being considered. "We'll try to maximize whatever we can out of the space," he says. Central Parking Corporation announced in September it was selling the downtown parking lot, which is at a major intersection. --Timothy Boone

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/daily-report/latest/

Do you guys think they will remove the sound wall in front of the Cambria? I would like to think they will. I have been saying I think they should extend Constitution Ave to Essen. Course they'd have to fight with the Rural Life people. I think they should give up some of that land myself....... I mean do they really need all that? C'mon LOL

I doubt they remove the sound wall(that would be a good idea); it doesn't make much sense. I guess that's why the hotel is so close to the road; the 5th floor is easily seen from the opposite side of I-10 westbound.

I agree Constitution should be extended to Essen. And a bridge/overpass over I-10(north/south) connecting Corporate near CitiPlace to near the Cambria Suites to help take all the traffic funneled to College Drive. If Congress Blvd. kept going straight instead of hooking nearly 90 degrees to the right that could have made the ideal connection.

Some people here are having a hard time seeing their overgrown country town trying to become a legit city.

Yeah Richy a bridge over I10 to Corporate would be awesome. I'm not sure where they could connect it at on Corporate tho. It's all built on now. It would kind of have to connect at, is it Energy Dr.? That could possibly be doable. I'll have to go look at a satelite pic of the area. LOL.. I'll get back to you. :thumbsup:

Archived