Zoo has a bun in the oven

Clobber

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure we'll keep it unless it gets so diluted (so many zoos get pandas) that it's not worth the cost (essentially a franchise fee). Did SD, DC, and ATL keep their cubs? I kind of doubt it. Do we have any white tigers? I'd love to see some of those. Or white lions. (Not the band :P)

From what I understand, the baby panda will stay in memphis during it nurturing stage, maybe a couple of months, after that it will be sent back to china. All the pandas in the world are owned by the chinese government and they can take them back whenever they want. I think we are leasing the two pandas for something like $1 million a year for the length of our agreement. After that it all depends on china as to the pandas fate in memphis. It is such a hassle to have pandas and that is why only 4 zoos in america have them.

Archived