Predators Sold

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just spoke with one of the current players on the team that I know and he said to a man, they ALL want to stay in Nashville. He also said that they are not getting any info either and that they hope things get worked out sooner rather than later so they can get the team settled (free agents, etc. ) and start working toward the Stanley Cup in 07-08!

I just spoke with one of the current players on the team that I know and he said to a man, they ALL want to stay in Nashville. He also said that they are not getting any info either and that they hope things get worked out sooner rather than later so they can get the team settled (free agents, etc. ) and start working toward the Stanley Cup in 07-08!

I have an idea for a Predators memorabilia/paraphernalia product:

It's a hat.

A saber-tooth cat skull shaped hat

made out of foam or soft plastic.

Shaped like a bleached white skull.

it's only the skull, not the lower jaw bone.

the skull is worn on top of the head like a caveman.

With the two fangs (extra long & large0 coming down beside the temples, in front of the ear.

This hat shows team spirit, but also accords the wearer with cavemanesque street cred.

Opinions? I give these ideas away for free b/c I don't have time to implement them myself...:D

Glad to hear the new prospective owner so committed to fielding a Cup capable team next year. This should be seen as both a positive and a negative though I'm afraid. Owners looking to move a team will often pull out all the stops (spend lots of money) for a year or two to make a Cup run so that if the team wins it (or even gets close) and fan support/attendance isn't there they can have the moral high ground in their negotiations/efforts to move the team. So, let's hope he follows though on his promise (to spend big) and Nashville steps up and proves a lot of the naysayers wrong about our willingness to support hockey.

Glad to hear the new prospective owner so committed to fielding a Cup capable team next year. This should be seen as both a positive and a negative though I'm afraid. Owners looking to move a team will often pull out all the stops (spend lots of money) for a year or two to make a Cup run so that if the team wins it (or even gets close) and fan support/attendance isn't there they can have the moral high ground in their negotiations/efforts to move the team. So, let's hope he follows though on his promise (to spend big) and Nashville steps up and proves a lot of the naysayers wrong about our willingness to support hockey.

I was looking at the nhl attendance figures since 2000, and Nashville has only been under the 14,000 mark twice in that span. Seems to me that it shouldnt be hard to meet the minimum attendance figures for next season. Or are there other stipulations for the team to stay in Nashville beyond attendance?

Somebody from Winnepeg told me this week that the city of Winnepeg is already advertizing they are coming to town from Nashville. He said "Nashville is a football town as is much of the Southern USA..." The Winnepeg media are already trying to think of a new name for them.

Absolutely. He has no intention of keeping the team in Nashville, and he is a liar. He bold faced lied to Gary Betteman when he told him he had no intention of moving the franchise. Now, meer weeks later, and after there has been outstanding rallying support for the franchise in Nashville, he announces he wants to force a vote on relocation. What a snake! He's already saying the lease should be terminated because the average was below 14,000 for the last two seasons. He doesn't want to wait and see the inevetable huge increase in attendence that WILL occur next season. He's scared he may not be able to move the franchise, so he's trying to do it now.

As the owner, he could make a persuasive case in court on technicalities... and boy, a transaction such as this is sure to have a ton of technicalities. So (IMO), it's a long shot that the Preds will stay in Nashville. Now, you can probably understand Bettman's and certain other owners' concerns if (when) Balsillie moves this team into their backyards. Of course, Bettman would still like to keep an expansion team in the USA. So you can't assume that he'd go Hamilton necessarily. He could go anywhere in the country (I'd bet somewhere out west).

As the owner, he could make a persuasive case in court on technicalities... and boy, a transaction such as this is sure to have a ton of technicalities. So (IMO), it's a long shot that the Preds will stay in Nashville. Now, you can probably understand Bettman's and certain other owners' concerns if (when) Balsillie moves this team into their backyards. Of course, Bettman would still like to keep an expansion team in the USA. So you can't assume that he'd go Hamilton necessarily. He could go anywhere in the country (I'd bet somewhere out west).

I think he would be hard pressed to claim a technicality since he is already on record as saying the only way to break the lease is to not average 14,000 attendance for 2 consecutive years. At that point the price would be so high he could pay back the costs for the center! I am going to prdict that he never buys the team and backs out again like he did in lat year. He is not going to get his way so he will take his ball and go home.

Archived