Commuting on a motorcycle

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why Greenville? What route will you take to get there? I assume this will be an all day affair, correct? That seems like a long ride for scooters, especially if someone shows up on one of the 49cc models. I'm just intrigued reading your posts on all the things I never knew about the world of scootering! :)

• 2 weeks later...

TweetThis.jpg

Well I FINALLY graduated from my Yamaha Scooter to a full fledged motorcycle (purchased it Saturday)! Its my first bike and I'm Very Very proud of it so I wanted to post it up on the UP Motorcycle Forums. Its a Custom Yamaha V-Star 650 w/Custom Pipes, Mustang seats, and Green LED's all inside the Engine for cool Night effects. Been riding it all over town over the Memorial weekend. I originally wanted a Sports Bike but after seeing this bike I knew it was for me. Anyone else have a bike? :-)

Actually you only have to take the Motorcycle safety course if you are under 21. For those over 21, you can go to the DMV to take the riding test.

I highly suggest the safety class though. I took it a few weeks ago and I learned a lot from it. Considering that you don't have a metal cage protecting you from the rest of the traffic on a motorcycle, any little bit helps.

In October, there is a Scooter Rally in Orlando. Some of us local scooterists are planning on going and two of the people that ride with us and post on my site live in Live Oak. We are going to ride halfway there, which is Greenville and they are going to ride over and meet up for lunch and we will figure out the route to Orlando.

Archived