21 Story Tower for Knoxville

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This from Bidclerk... and yesterday's KNS had an update on this tower and the Fountains at Turkey Creek about how similar they look. Both developers are ready to go forward with their respective projects as they don't expect them to compete. Plus, the DT vacancy rate is less than 10%.

http://www.bidclerk.com/projects/projectDe...rojectID=615009

That is a nice looking tower and is in a great location in relation to the city's other towers to make a decent impact on the look of the city's skyline. Not to mention the more important fact, that a mix use tower could really help start up the movement for more projects like this in the downtown area. Knoxville is a great city with a great economy, I think this may be a sign that its downtown and skyline may start to reflect that more than it currently does.

• 2 weeks later...

A very nice looking tower. I was hoping for a new tallest for you guys though when I opened the article. Mobile which is smaller by a good 150,000 MSA gets a 700+ footer and you guys get a nice tower but only 21 stories tall. I hope this is just a start of bigger things.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having not lived in knoxville for a long time I am not compleatly framiliar with the Knoxville Market. But I really don't see this thing happening anytimes soon. Maybe when the south water front development takes off.

I would love to see it happen.... Knoxville has not seen a new highrise in maybe 15-20 years?

^I'm not from the area at all so I can't really speculate accurately on the local market, but I think you may be right-on with your estimation of when the project could get off the ground. With the current credit crunch and a economic slowdown (possible recession) lurking around the corner I would bet a lot of projects will get delayed until the credit market gets back in order and the economy starts a better trend.

Hopefully we will here some news about when this development will get underway in the coming weeks or months. It is a great project and I think Knoxville is long overdue for a highrise project of this scope.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really hope this thing happens for Knoxville. I lived over their for three years while recieving training from FedEx. Personally, I feel that Knoxville has bigger potential than any other city in Tennessee. I believe that in two decades we'll be talking Knoxville in the same breath with Nashville, Memphis and Birmingham...

• 2 months later...

Archived