Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

splash

21 Story Tower for Knoxville

34 posts in this topic

Wow, that sounds neat....

Bristol is well overdue for a 10+ story tower. :rolleyes: Last one built was in the early 80s. :rolleyes:

Looks as if Knoxville may be getting ready to have a housing boom in the DT area. This is good news.

Does anybody here know the status of the tower proposed for the Turkey Creek/Pellissippi area?

This would be a great project for downtown Knoxville. Does anyone know about The Devon Group who are proposing this? Do they have a strong track record. I'm hoping this is a serious proposal.

That is a nice looking tower and is in a great location in relation to the city's other towers to make a decent impact on the look of the city's skyline. Not to mention the more important fact, that a mix use tower could really help start up the movement for more projects like this in the downtown area. Knoxville is a great city with a great economy, I think this may be a sign that its downtown and skyline may start to reflect that more than it currently does.

Maybe I should e-mail this to someone at our planning commissions. Give them some ideas.... :)

A very nice looking tower. I was hoping for a new tallest for you guys though when I opened the article. Mobile which is smaller by a good 150,000 MSA gets a 700+ footer and you guys get a nice tower but only 21 stories tall. I hope this is just a start of bigger things.

Having not lived in knoxville for a long time I am not compleatly framiliar with the Knoxville Market. But I really don't see this thing happening anytimes soon. Maybe when the south water front development takes off.

I would love to see it happen.... Knoxville has not seen a new highrise in maybe 15-20 years?

^So you don't see it happening at all, or do you think it may just take a couple of years to actually see this project underway?

I could see this project taking a few years to get out of the ground.

^I'm not from the area at all so I can't really speculate accurately on the local market, but I think you may be right-on with your estimation of when the project could get off the ground. With the current credit crunch and a economic slowdown (possible recession) lurking around the corner I would bet a lot of projects will get delayed until the credit market gets back in order and the economy starts a better trend.

Hopefully we will here some news about when this development will get underway in the coming weeks or months. It is a great project and I think Knoxville is long overdue for a highrise project of this scope.

So what is the latest for this project?

I really hope this thing happens for Knoxville. I lived over their for three years while recieving training from FedEx. Personally, I feel that Knoxville has bigger potential than any other city in Tennessee. I believe that in two decades we'll be talking Knoxville in the same breath with Nashville, Memphis and Birmingham...

^Welcome to the site! Glad to have some on the ground reports on some of these projects in Knoxville as we definitely need some help keeping up to date on what's going on in the city.