DAVE & BUSTERS

augga706

Which lifestyle center will add Dave & Busters  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Metro Augusta

• Augusta Mall
    • Village at Riverwatch
    • Forum of Augusta

^ Socaguy was responding to an earlier post where someone said that Dave and Busters required a city population of 500K. It's not his own opinion.

Personally, and I've never in my life said this on here, I think this is the most ridiculous topic ever. With absolutely no evidence to substantiate the claim that we're getting this restaurant, someone starts a topic where we discuss such interesting topics as how everyone thinks Phipps Plaza is moving to Augusta. It's not going to happen. There are about 30 cities in the Southeast that are both larger and/or cooler than Augusta.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well to start with nobody really must have read what I posted earlier. Dave and busters in not looking at Metro populations They are in cities with Actual city populations of over 500,000 lets look at GA cities actual pops- Augusta(199,000+) Columbus(188,000+) Savannah (155,000+) Macon (slightly below 100,000). Then look at the markets there in Large cities Many of which have Major Sports Teams. All of GA's 2nd tier cities have minor leauge teams. Not actually what there looking at as more of a sports bar resturant theme. Truth be told no where in Georgia is going to get a Dave & Busters unless the entire marketing theme changes which I doubt. They survive off of that we want feel. Its keeps there names in peoples mind and makes people want to try it. The tourisum factor is not there thats good when looking for Hotel growth in a city which I know AUG and COL are presently expanding rapidly in that area so that means tourism dollars are there i'm not sure about the other GA cities MAC or SAV. So tourism can't be used on whos gonna get a d&b if thats the case Brunswick would get it or what about Panama City, Myrtle Beach, Pensacola, or Biloxi. There are smaller resturants in the same business category as D&B's that would probaly move into all of these cities one of which is Indigo Joes not quite D&B but still nice and they have been shopping around GA. Also look at the population difference between AUG & Col not much bout 11,000 people. UGA has said Col will lead the state in growth both population and economically (expansion wise) over the next decade in the 2010 census Columbus is suppose to go back to GA's 2nd largest city. So the its bigger defense can't really be used when most business look long term when looking at where to locate not right now or in the past.

Personally, and I've never in my life said this on here, I think this is the most ridiculous topic ever. With absolutely no evidence to substantiate the claim that we're getting this restaurant, someone starts a topic where we discuss such interesting topics as how everyone thinks Phipps Plaza is moving to Augusta. It's not going to happen. There are about 30 cities in the Southeast that are both larger and/or cooler than Augusta.

Lee County, Alabama (next to Columbus which includes Auburn and Opelika) will more than likely become part of the Columbus metro once BRAC is finished by 2010-2011. That would make both metro Columbus and metro Augusta about the same. I have now heard estimates that BRAC could bring as much as 45,000 new residents by then, up from the original 32,000. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 3-4 years.

Lets just end this thread now. augga706, there is no need for it anymore. Can you PLEASE stop creating threads based on what you "think" might be coming to Augusta....just because you saw a commercial or THINK Augusta is a big enough market...or for whatever reason. Alot of people in Augusta your age probably have the mindset that Augusta is the greatest place on Earth outside Atlanta....but its not. There are alot of other cities out there...even here in the Southeast, that make Augusta look shameful. Gucci, Tiffany, Armani and the others you listed are definately not coming to Augusta any time soon...I assure you of that. Augusta is lucky to have what it has so lets leave it at that and stop all the boostering!!!!

Lets just end this thread now. augga706, there is no need for it anymore. Can you PLEASE stop creating threads based on what you "think" might be coming to Augusta....just because you saw a commercial or THINK Augusta is a big enough market...or for whatever reason. Alot of people in Augusta your age probably have the mindset that Augusta is the greatest place on Earth outside Atlanta....but its not. There are alot of other cities out there...even here in the Southeast, that make Augusta look shameful. Gucci, Tiffany, Armani and the others you listed are definately not coming to Augusta any time soon...I assure you of that. Augusta is lucky to have what it has so lets leave it at that and stop all the boostering!!!!

OK cool. Just dont hold your breathe about D&B opening a location at the Augusta Mall based on something someone who works at the mall said. I had a friend tell me the same thing when I worked at 9-West in the mall years ago when I was in school. He told me Banana Republic was coming and he was positive about it because a friend of his was a manager at a store in Atlanta and he had told him. Well, needless to say, it never came and is just now, (8-9 years later) finally making an appearance. Do I think Augusta deserves all of these stores, (Coach, BR, WH/BM, coldwater creek, etc).....YES! Its about time, Augusta was LONG overdue for these stores that are just about in every other market Augustas size. Do I think Augusta will get a Prada. Versace, Gucci, etc.? No! Augusta probably isnt even a blip on the radar for the people who scout out locations for these stores. Hell, even Charlotte doesnt have most of these stores and it is 4 times the size, (and with alot more wealth) than Augusta.

Im just trying to be realistic here. Do I think D&B could do well in Augusta?...Yes! Do I believe they have to have at least 500K in city limits to open a store?...doubt it, or that would be very stupid marketing, (even in suburban locations). Now Id be glad if you were right about D&B and maybe next time this year I'll be eating my words. Lets hope so!

This is really interesting, I thought for the longest that Macon was getting one bcause we were getting a lot of D&B commercials too? Has anyone heard anything? Its been about a year since they've started the ad campaign here so I'vejust accepted that maybe they are just trying to tap into new markets for business at the current locations.

Augusta mall new expansion looks huge driving down 520 going to 20. It looks like it might be more than 15 stores & 2 resturants. They already knock down all the trees from the wrightsboro rd view. I wonder what rank aug mall will be when it comes to biggest malls in ga after its done expanding. The village of riverwatch is supposed to cost around 110 million to build , augusta mall expanding cost is 80 million i think it might be bigger than riverwatch, the riverwatch mall probably will have more hotels, & offices right next to it so it may look more urban.

• 2 weeks later...
OK cool. Just dont hold your breathe about D&B opening a location at the Augusta Mall based on something someone who works at the mall said. I had a friend tell me the same thing when I worked at 9-West in the mall years ago when I was in school. He told me Banana Republic was coming and he was positive about it because a friend of his was a manager at a store in Atlanta and he had told him. Well, needless to say, it never came and is just now, (8-9 years later) finally making an appearance. Do I think Augusta deserves all of these stores, (Coach, BR, WH/BM, coldwater creek, etc).....YES! Its about time, Augusta was LONG overdue for these stores that are just about in every other market Augustas size. Do I think Augusta will get a Prada. Versace, Gucci, etc.? No! Augusta probably isnt even a blip on the radar for the people who scout out locations for these stores. Hell, even Charlotte doesnt have most of these stores and it is 4 times the size, (and with alot more wealth) than Augusta.

Im just trying to be realistic here. Do I think D&B could do well in Augusta?...Yes! Do I believe they have to have at least 500K in city limits to open a store?...doubt it, or that would be very stupid marketing, (even in suburban locations). Now Id be glad if you were right about D&B and maybe next time this year I'll be eating my words. Lets hope so!

Archived