Best Ice Cream in Spartanburg

roads-scholar

Now that hot weather is upon us I'm curious what everyone's favorite Sparkle City ice cream shop is and why. We've always had plenty of places around town to cool down in the summertime but lately a new batch of places have opened.

My favorite is not exactly in Spartanburg but located outside the small town of Chesnee in northern Spartanburg County. Strawberry Hill on Highway 11 (Cherokee Foothills Scenic Highway) has a large selection and even has several flavors that are homemade including, of course, strawberry. Their prices are low, servings are large, and the servers are friendly. Strawberry Hill is owned and operated by the Cooley family who have been known for their delicious peaches and strawberries for years.

Let's avoid getting into a controversial debate here. Keep your comments lighthearted. After all, ice cream should be fun.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love all ice cream!!! marble slab is great as well as the hershey ice cream downtown at the Sandwich Factory. (another name now that I can't remember)

As far as my younger days the old place at Hearon Circle made great banana splits. it is still thee, but i haven't been in years.

I definitely liked the handful of Brewsters that dotted my neck of the woods back in Atlanta. I didn't mean to diminish the tastiness of Brewsters. I've just had a lot better than Brewsters (meaning some unfreakingbelivable ice cream :))

Its being closed because the guy who owns it wants to retire. Its my understanding that it doesn't have anything to do with corporate, but I could be mistaken. Its a shame too. I've been going to that Baskin Robins for most of my life. Good memories....

The Pig's Dinner at the Beacon is awesome. Probably the best way to overdose on ice cream headaches in Spartanburg.

Archived