Negligent FDA

kayman

As recently as today, there is another recall this time fish and it was also imported from China. However, the topic of this thread seems to be about the Food & Drug Administration also known as the FDA. It seems their lack of effort to protect us, the consumer, is having their chickens come home to roost. Toothpaste, Fish, pet food, so what is going to be next?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing is we are seeing a pattern. All of these of contaminated foods or drugs have all been imported from China. I'm usually not a conspiracy theorist, but I think they are doing that mess intentionally to harm us.

I doubt it's a conspiracy, but this shows that an unregulated food industry is dangerous to American consumers. While these companies are not intentionally contaminating food, they are not watching what they are doing, often times because it's "too expensive".

If you can save money by letting some health issues slide, chances are, not enough people will get sick or they won't have any adverse health effects for many years... many years after higher profits were made.

We need a much more proactive FDA that regulates the food industry better. There is absolutely NO reason we should be required to cook our beef to a certain temperature just so that it's safe for eating. E. Coli is not present in the meat when it's in the cow. It is only present in the cow's feces. Somewhere in the butchering process (where low paid immigrant workers are forced to cut faster to ensure higher profits without being careful), the feces gets on the meat and the meat becomes contaminated.

It's disgusting how much we've let our regulatory agencies fall into neglect.

Archived