Hogzilla II

atlrvr

A new largest wild boar was killed in Alabama.

Article

I'm not sure what the most disturbing thing about this article is.

Maybe this

"It feels really good," Jamison, of Pickensville, said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never been much of a hunter, but that was an impressive hunt and kill. You know many 11 year old kids that can handle a .50 caliber pistol?

Bravo to the kid. Not my cup of tea, but I know an impressive accomplishment when I see it.

While this was an impressive hunt and kill, I am extremely disturbed that the boy is only 11 years old!! I don't care if it is hunting, this is way to early for a child to be learning to use firearms for any reason.

Wow that is a shame they killed that boar. I don't think an animal that has survived that long in the wild should be killed. People should have more respect for the animals they hunt and that one deserved more than what it got. There are some hunters that believe if you ever discover a bigfoot you should kill it, then others say you shouldn't. You have to know the difference by respecting what hunting is about. This was not about feeding their family, this was about the sport of killing.They shoud have used a camera, not a gun.

I agree with that dgreco, but I would have liked to see this boar remain alive and free. I have never had any desire to hunt, even though I've had a few friends who do. If an animal like this can live unnoticed for all these years it makes me wonder what else is out there we don't know about. People don't realize how much wilderness we have in this country that has not been explored. The Ozarks are an example of this. A few years ago they found a woodpecker they once thought was extinct.

I agree with that dgreco, but I would have liked to see this boar remain alive and free. I have never had any desire to hunt, even though I've had a few friends who do. If an animal like this can live unnoticed for all these years it makes me wonder what else is out there we don't know about. People don't realize how much wilderness we have in this country that has not been explored. The Ozarks are an example of this. A few years ago they found a woodpecker they once thought was extinct.

The thought of an 11 year old child running around in the woods (even if supervised) with a loaded .50-caliber pistol scares the hell out of me, frankly. I could care less about the wild boar though -- active hunting is required to keep these things under control. These wild pigs are an invasive species, not native to this continent, damaging crops and livestock throughout the deep South, and they're expanding their range northward. Some of them are actually descended from the pigs brought over here with Hernando de Soto's expedition.

State officials are now looking into how this beast got into a fenced hunting preserve.

Officials look into 'Monster Pig' saga

I can't believe no one has updated this thread with the most recent news.

Hogzilla 2 or Monster Pig, really is just that, a monster pig. It was a domesticated pig that was released on this hunting camp a few years ago. The thing is naturally inclined to not be afraid of people as it was bred that way and raised by them.....shameful shameful shameful.

What next, they'll take him on a guided hunt of a dairy farm to shoot "wild oxen"

Archived