Taste of Charlotte

Neo

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went there with metro for lunch and it was a nice diversion from what we usually do. The food was ok, make sure to get some Great Harvest Bakery stuff, they were really good. The real reason for this is that it is a big fundraiser for a multitude of local charities.

We did not get down to the art part, but there are about 100 artists displaying their wares...hopefully I will get to that tomorrow.

Metro, are you going to post some of the pics you took?

I'd like to see the art portion of the festival break off into its own thing, at a separate time over the summer. Call it the Uptown Art Festival, or whatever, but it would be cool to see it grow to the point where it is a festival within itself, rather than just a side attraction at the Taste of Charlotte.

Okay, I went to the Taste of Charlotte today (Sunday), so here's some photos to add to the thread:

Parked at Seventh Street Station, so first thing I hit was the kiddie section, Adventure Village:

adventurevillage.jpg

slide.jpg

kissmobile.jpg

train.jpg

Then you get to the actual Taste of Charlotte:

crowd.jpg

"Best Wings South of Buffalo"...I'll be the judge of that!

vendor.jpg

Band on stage:

band.jpg

Many street performers, playing music, doing magic, balloon tricks, and juggling stunts:

performer.jpg

performer2.jpg

performer3.jpg

juggler.jpg

juggler2.jpg

Another crowd shot looking back from the south end of the Taste of Charlotte:

crowd2.jpg

I was a little disappointed with the 'Avenue of the Arts' portion of the event. It seemed that a good deal of the vendors had already closed up shop, either because of the threat of bad weather (it was an ominous sky all day) or just because today is the last day.

Overall, it was a very lively event. Good stuff.

Those are horrible excuses. At some point, some underage kid gave a vendor some tokens in exchange for alcohol. It is that vendor's responsibility to card the kid. The police and event organizers can't be at every tent watching out for this, and I don't see how the use of tokens is even an issue in such a matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived