New Meijer being Built in Birch Run

tamias6

I drove by the Meijer store being built in Birch Run today, and boy did they make a lot of progress. They had the walls of the store up, and they were working on the roof. I did not have my camera on me, so I did not take any pictures, but if I get a chance this weekend I will.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know who this going to hurt? The area Kroger stores that have piss-poor quality produce and baked goods. A lot of area residents are upset that the existing closest chains have been sub-par in what they offer.

This new Meijer will be a welcome addition to the area, and the quality of their groceries at just about all their stores has always been exceptional IMO.

BTW, M-54's widening is now complete. The bottleneck before Dixie Hwy has also been resolved which should help traffic flow going toward Frankenmuth

• 4 weeks later...
You know who this going to hurt? The area Kroger stores that have piss-poor quality produce and baked goods. A lot of area residents are upset that the existing closest chains have been sub-par in what they offer.

This new Meijer will be a welcome addition to the area, and the quality of their groceries at just about all their stores has always been exceptional IMO.

BTW, M-54's widening is now complete. The bottleneck before Dixie Hwy has also been resolved which should help traffic flow going toward Frankenmuth

So I guess on typical weekends, M-54 is completely gridlocked making access to the freeway difficult. I'm not sure I ever liked that turn lane situation right on the bridge. I wonder how more congested it will be when the new Meijer opens. I know the existing span has already been widened, but it would be nice to have something with 2 lanes in each direction, and two turn lanes in the center that run full length of the bridge, instead of that half and half situation going on.

So I guess on typical weekends, M-54 is completely gridlocked making access to the freeway difficult. I'm not sure I ever liked that turn lane situation right on the bridge. I wonder how more congested it will be when the new Meijer opens. I know the existing span has already been widened, but it would be nice to have something with 2 lanes in each direction, and two turn lanes in the center that run full length of the bridge, instead of that half and half situation going on.

I hope they do something to traffic in that area. On thanksgiving, i was trying to get on I-75 at Birch Run Rd and it was so gridlocked. That of course wasnt helped by the fact that people were exiting the freeway using the entrance ramps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived