The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Kettle patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

Hey guys,

Another forum meet, this Saturday, the 6th if Sept. 10 am show, 10:30 am meeting start at Provence in the DT library.

I will not be at this one because I will be in N & S Dakota. I almost didn't go because of pain but I am on some new meds that help lower the pain in my neck and arm significantly. I apologize for being scarce on the board, but work has taken a toll on me with my back and neck problems and all I want to do is chill when I get home.

William will take care of you guys this Saturday. I encourage all to attend. I know it's really slow right now, but we can at least get to gather for some good conversation and to meet new forum members.

I will be there for the October meet.

Thanks to all of you guys for making the moderation job in the Nashville forum much easier, for me, Rural King and Monsoon. Al I can say is well done.

I will try and be on the boards a little more after the 15th, but I may need to have neck surgery not too long after that if things dont get better for me. Hold it in the road guys and search for any news and be sure to post it.

Ron

• 1 month later...

Took me forever to get out of the Library garage too. I forgot about all the stuff that was going on around town this weekend. Had about 6 of us there. Maybe next month, however I may be in the Smokies that weekend.

There are a number of things that are still happening in Nashville even with the crappy economy. The thing that will carry us through will be the municipal projects like the riverfront, CC, and the adjacent hotel, the Vandy Children's Hospital, Centennial Hospital, and several apartment projects that will probably start in the next 6 months or so. The credit crunch is scaring a lot of folks right now, but we will get through. The thoughts among those of us there will be 18 months to 2 years. Nashville may recover sooner rather than later due to the strength of the local economy.

• 3 weeks later...

Time for coffee and danish again at Provence this Saturday. Seems thats about all there is to talk about these days. I think there are a few items that will be rolling down the pipelines soon, such as the Vanderbilt expansion, adn the Lionstone building.

There may be some more news soon that I am not at liberty to talk about yet. Some of this have been discussed but not mentioned here. Nothing real substantial though. You have to come to the meet to find out. :lol:

Hopefully Curt can give us a CC update.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late notice but we will still have a meet this Saturday. Same bat time, same bat station for those who remember that old TV blurb.

I think there will be at least a half dozen of us there.

If you have never been come and meet us.

In Case you do not know when and where:

Provence downtown library location @ 10 am meet starts at 10:29. :)

Friends,

We've got some commitments for attendance at Saturday's meeting, the last of 2008. For those who do not know, the official start of the consistent monthly meetings of the Nashville chapter of urbanplanet.org began in November 2005. We're three year old now.

I look forward to seeing everybody tomorrow.

William Williams

Friends,

We've got some commitments for attendance at Saturday's meeting, the last of 2008. For those who do not know, the official start of the consistent monthly meetings of the Nashville chapter of urbanplanet.org began in November 2005. We're three year old now.

I look forward to seeing everybody tomorrow.

William Williams

It's hard to believe the meetings have been going on that long. See you William, Ron, etc. soon.

We had a little over a dozen folks turn out for the meet yesterday. Best turn out we have had for a while. Nothing earth shattering disclosed.

The CC update is this: Nothing to report of any significance other than we may just have a couple of 12 to 20 story buildings other than one very tall high rise. Nothing in concrete though. A lot of contracts are being signed and there are a substantial number of room nights pre-booked for the center that will probably start construction in the next 6 months or so.

Nothing new on the Signature that we do not already know.

The Lionstone property suppose to start the first quarter of 09.

Vanderbilt Children's hospital and the Centennial expansion on track as far as we know.

I think there ware 3 lawsuits now with the WES. I think that one in the words of Charles Dickens may be "dead as a doornail"

The affordable work force housing is suppose to start soon on Hermitage, the name of which escapes me. I think that it is a 4 story building.

Hope to see you all next month.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that most of the people that were planning on going to the meet this Saturday are going to the riverfront redevelopment meeting (hosted by MDHA) at 10 at the East Park Community Center. I will show up at Provence just in case @ 10 and then go on over to the other meeting.

The location in across the river on Woodland Ave.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Forum meet this Saturday @ the DT Provence location in the Library on Church .....10 AM.

I cant make this one. I am working on a project for work. I think William will be there.

I won't be able to make this one either, but I will try extra hard to make the May meeting. Hope to see you then.

Edited by Hankster

• 4 weeks later...