The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Kettle patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

On 03/26/2016 at 8:14 AM, markhollin said:

I will be attending the MTA/RTA public meeting at One C1ty.  I'll be wearing a black baseball cap with a Pittsburgh Pirate's "P" on the front for anyone who would like to join me. : )

I think I will run by there also, forgot about that and then to Provence afterwards.

• 1 month later...

Back to your regularly scheduled program this week. Saturday morning at 10am, Provence, Downtown Library location. I know I'll be venturing out to check the new murals across the street afterward, and I'm sure East Side Urbanite will be due for a haircut as well. All are welcome.

• dmillsphoto changed the title to Nashville Forum Meet April 2016 - 05/07 - Provence
  • 4 weeks later...

Most of the gang from today's Meet-Up at Provence Bakery in the Downtown Library.  Even though Daniel (dmillsphoto) didn't want to be in the photo, he ended up in the top center via his reflection when shooting the motley bunch.  Thanks again to everyone for being patient with me as I moderated my fist gathering.  Felt like there was good, and often spirited, discussion on a wide array of subjects including: travel-logs on Charlotte, Atlanta, Chattanooga, Tokyo, Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh; the new Drury Hotel announcement for downtown (Shelby was able to show us a massing rendering of what looks to be about 24-25 stories inclusive of a 7 story garage pedestal); the Embassy Suites and mystery boutique hotels; the possible Mainland development and how that would relate to some of Shelby's properties near KVB and the Music City Roundabout; the lawsuits/complaints about the 2nd Avenue partners's twin towers; the 54-acre area in LoLa/Pie Town that is being considered for new height allowances; the relocation of the old mansion on the Rudy Law double-tower site on Broadway, as well as the former home of Manuel Designers 100-year-old house at corner Broadway and 19th (both being moved to Marathon Village area); expansion of terminal and baggage claim areas of BNA; the Teacher's Union move from Capitol North area into the Ben West Building; and the Stix public art.  Thanks to everyone for their contributions to the discussion!  If you haven't attended one of our meeting before, please know that it is an open invitation to all.  Will keep you all abreast on next meeting (may have to alter since our normal first-Saturday of every month falls on 4th-of-July holiday weekend). 

UrbanPlanet meet-up, June, 2016.JPG

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

We will have our normal monthly meet-up this Saturday, July 2, at Provence Bakery inside the Downtown Library.  We know it's a holiday weekend, but not everyone is heading out of town nor having guests to entertain, so those of us who can will go ahead and commune together.  : )

I will put together a list of topics we'll be discussing a little later this week and post it here.