The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Branch patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

Our Urban Planet Nashville Meet-Up this Saturday (10 AM to Noon at Provence Bakery in Downtown Library) should be even more fun than normal as we celebrate the birthdays of two of our moderators, Ron (smeagolsfree) and Kevin (UTgrad09).

Topics for discussion will include these bigger items that have all been in the news since we met a month ago:

- The full square block Germantown grocery, hotel, and office space being proposed.

- The Margaritaville Hotel announcement (15 stories, 175 ft., 238 rooms) in SoBro.

- I-440 Greenway

- Continued rebirth of Antioch

- Crescendo Condo Building (23 stories) on Division--Myers Carpet is finally relocating, but lawsuit with Kelty & other investors shows weakness in core group.

- Fairlane Hotel conversion underway (12 stories, 72 rooms, restaurant)

- Ryman developing more properties on 2nd Ave. and Broadway.  Other announcements for Broadway.

- Movement by Metro Council on downtown flood wall.

- Dream Hotel announcement (10 stories, 125 ft., 169 rooms) and other developments for Printers Alley.

- Virgin Hotel (14 stories, 150 ft., 260 rooms) movement in Midtown/Music Row area.

- 5th and Broadway announcing first major restaurant (TomKats Company), and further extension payment. Demo to start late '16, completion for late '18.

- Emery Midtown office building (8 stories, 100 feet) rendering released.

- 601 Lafayette 1-acre property sold for $7 million. Ideas on what could be built there?

- Green & Little mixed use project (9 & 10 stories, 207-room Hilton, 116-room Marriott Residence Inn, 30,000 sq. ft. office) in Green Hills starting.

- Chamber and other business leaders getting serious about backing robust regional Mass Transit plan?

- Metro Planning Dept. ideas for protections on historic structure of Music Row.

- Mainland designs for old 77 condos around old Elliott School Building in Germantown.

- Any word on allowance on Community Plan for 54 acres in LoLa/Division Street area for taller structures? Was supposed to be decided by June 9th.

If any of you have traveled this month and wish to report your observations on other cities, please have a brief overview ready to share. And for everyone coming, please bring any other subjects for discussion as well.  Always enjoy our spirited conversations and ideas.  : )

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A friendly reminder about our monthly Meet-Up at 10 AM this Saturday, Aug. 6th, at the Provence Bakery inside the Downtown Library.  It's been another great month of developmental activity in the news here in Nashville, and there will be no shortage of insights and opinions.  I will post an agenda of potential subjects for discussion in the next few days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

A friendly reminder about our monthly Meet-Up at 10 AM this Saturday, Aug. 6th, at the Provence Bakery inside the Downtown Library.  It's been another great month of developmental activity in the news here in Nashville, and there will be no shortage of insights and opinions.  I will post an agenda of potential subjects for discussion in the next few days.

I guarantee the first 30 minutes will be lambasting MDHA.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

I'll be doing well if I wake up by 9.

this has been my deterrent from showing up to more meets, haha.
I wish I could be there this weekend, but, I just bought a brand new car and its already giving me issues....back to the shop I go!

• Like 2

Urban Planet Nashville Monthly Meet-Up,  10:00 AM, Aug.  6, 2016,  Provence Bakery in Downtown Library

(I apologize for the uneven margins---I have no freakin' idea why it is doing this)

Quick 2-minute reports from anyone who has visited other cities in past month, starting with Mark Hollingsworth giving a short

overview of his Colorado Springs trip last week.

Topics for discussion will include these bigger items that have all been in the news during another incredibly busy 34 days since

we met in early July:

- MDHA Trolley Barn sites. Hensler’s 20-story apt. building, plus 3-smaller retail structures, and Eakin’s 5 story office/retail building.

- BNA Vision $1.2 billion airport expansion/remodel of concourses, 10 new gates, security, ticketing, baggage claim, transit hub,

parking garage, on-site hotel, and re-routing of Donelson Pike.

- Proposal for Radnor Yards being moved outside of town to free-up CSX lines could be utilized for commuter routes.

-Freddie Mac declaring Nashville #1 Housing Market in the country.

- New record of $3.6 billion in Metro Building Permits in FY ’15-’16 (50% higher than last year).

- Regent Partners 2 tower project (20-story apt., and 14-story hotel) at 1812 Broadway in Midtown to break ground.

- Neuhoff Packing Plant redevelopment concepts in Germantown along river.

- Hammer Mill immediately to north of Nuehoff moving forward w/ 5-7 stories, 259 units, mixed-use.

- TownPlace Suites (Marriott brand) announced, 168 rooms, NW corner of 3rd Ave. North & Gay in North Capitol District.

- Purpose Hotel by Jeremy Cowart proposal for 200-300 rooms in CBD/SoBro/Midtown. Crowd sourcing for $80-150 million.

- Broadstone Gulch, 14-stories, 328 apts/retail (4,000 sq.ft.) at NW corner of 8 South & Division

- 810 Lea lot sale for $13.5 million (immediately SW of Westin site). Developer promises something substantial.

- 35-acre Artisan Community in East Nashville w/ 98 lots for housing by Ron Brice of 3rd & Lindsley Club.

- Tru Hotel/Home2 Suites (Hilton b-brand combo), 10 stories, 223 rooms, SE corner of 5th South & Peabody.

- Massive 8-story self-storage building at NE corner of 8 South and Drexel (former Center Stage Nightclub).

- Jefferson Street Landbridge over 1-40 and other improvements for that corridor.

- Looks like a crown is now in renderings for 505 Church Street Tower.

- Graduate Hotel concept coming to Midtown near Vandy. Any ideas of exisiting structure or lots?

- Summer Place at Envision Cayce underway and looking good.

- M Street Office Buidling and Whiskey Kitchen relocation along 11th Ave. South in Gulch.

- Antique Mall just north of Endeavor site to be World Gym now instead of events space.

- Dayal buys acre at 600 & 616 4th Avenue South for $5.5 million.  What are his plans?

- Hankook Tire moving North American HQ to 40,000 sq. ft. in AT&T Tower for 200 employees.

- Any word on allowance on Community Plan for 54 acres in LoLa/Division Street area for taller structures? Was supposed to be

decided by June 9th.

Plus anything else that comes-in during the next couple of days before we meet! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

Urban Planet Nashville Monthly Meet-Up,  10:00 AM, Aug.  6, 2016,  Provence Bakery in Downtown Library

(I apologize for the uneven margins---I have no freakin' idea why it is doing this)

Quick 2-minute reports from anyone who has visited other cities in past month, starting with Mark Hollingsworth giving a short

overview of his Colorado Springs trip last week.

I just like how he uses "Bob Dole"-style 3rd person, in referring to himself in the agenda.

• Like 3

Okay, Ya'll have fun tomorrow. After our house being 2 weeks in disarray, it's time to clean up. 

Also, new beer. 

So, my thoughts - Traveled to Athens, GA - amazing small town that is incredibly walkable. People all over because of it. Also went to Atlanta - it's still Atlanta. They appear to putting in dedicated HOV lanes SEPARATE from I75. Weird.

• Like 2