The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Branch patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

• 4 weeks later...

We will be having our monthly Urban Planet Nashville Meet-Up this Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10 AM.  As usual, our gathering will take place at the Provence Bakery inside the Downtown Library at the corner of 6th and Church Street. I'll post an agenda of items from Nashville development news that we will discuss later this week.  All are welcome...hope you can join us!

• Like 1

Nashville Urban Planet Meet-Up, Oct. 1, 2016

We will get any brief reports from folks who have traveled to other cities recently with their thoughts on architecture, development, public transportation, etc.  I was in Portland, ME, and Boston, MA a few weeks ago, and will share.

Discuss plans on our 11th Anniversary of Nashville Meet-Ups which will occur on Saturday, Nov. 5th.

Topics of discussion this month will include these projects that were announced in the past four weeks:

• -    - Lower Broadway Walkability Project.
  • -       Gulch Pedestrian Bridge moving forward with altered design.
  • -       Centennial Park renovations Phase II
  • -      Possible new Vanderbilt University Football Stadium w/ potential MLS soccer –hosting capability.
  • -      Greer Stadium site redevelopment plan.      
  •      t Capitol View Phase II announced.
  • -       Federal Courthouse work to begin next year (completion date set for 2021) with good possibility of a redesign.
  • -      Tennessee State Museum redesign.
  • -       Hyatt House Hotel (14-stories, 199 rooms) announced for Hayes/21st Ave. North locale in Midtown.
  • -       Curio Boutique Hotel (probably around 12-15 stories, 250 rooms) announced as part of the Embassy Suites development at NE corner of Demonbreun and 8th Ave. South.
  • -       Moxy Boutique Hotel  (8 stories, 130 rooms, plus 47 residential units, retail, and 200 car garage) in Hillsboro Village.
  • -       Mainland Group keeps accumulating parcels for large KVB/Lafayette Avenue development.
  • -       Tennessee State University announces massive expansion.
  • -       JP Morgan Chase announces they are expanding into Nashville market.
  • -       My visit with Joe Cain of MDHA about the Trolley Barns site development.
  • -       The Crescent in SoBro (35-story apartment tower) scrapped.
  • -       Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown Nashville episode this Sunday night on CNN at 8 PM.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LA_TN said:

17 (including Fruit Tart! Hahaha!

It took me a while, but I did finally get it ─ LoL

For those not present or who came in following my arrival, that was the moniker "awarded" and dubbed me, since I flopped down with one of Provence's table menu-holder/number signs marked as such, for the waiter to bring me my order.  So that left me wide open for a "rag-tag" -=^_^=-

• Like 3

..I too counted 17, and then John M. showed up.  I didn't get the name of the newcomer, who was said to have checked out the U-P forum, and maybe even had posted once or twice.  It did seem strange for a non-special event (whatever that might be).  But then, too, the population is growing.

3 hours ago, rookzie said:

..I too counted 17, and then John M. showed up.  I didn't get the name of the newcomer, who was said to have checked out the U-P forum, and maybe even had posted once or twice.  It did seem strange for a non-special event (whatever that might be).  But then, too, the population is growing.

The newcomer was Trent, and he is employed by the Tennessee State Archives Dept., so I encouraged him to start posting.  Am sure he can add additional historical context to many of our discussions, just as you do, Rookzie.  : )

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The newcomer was Trent, and he is employed by the Tennessee State Archives Dept., so I encouraged him to start posting.  Am sure he can add additional historical context to many of our discussions, just as you do, Rookzie.  : )

Then he works a block and a half from me.  I'm at 6th and Charlotte, while he's at 7th beside the State Supreme Court.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

It looks like I will be unable to attend the scheduled November 5th meet, unfortunately.

However, I will be off this Saturday (10/29)....so if anyone wants to meet up for coffee and maybe a nice little car or walk development tour, I'm game. Let me know.

I would probably be up for that.  Would prefer it in late morning or early afternoon.

Let's just initially lay out 10am Saturday in the Nissan Stadium lot (SE corner of the stadium, closest to 2nd St and Shelby, or what is commonly used for Preds games).

RSVP if you plan to be there so we know who to look for and if we will have multiple vehicles or just pile into one.

• Like 1