The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Kettle patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

Where's my dang hair! Geez, no wonder I wear that silly cap.

I had a great time today, guys. It was, as always, good to see everyone. We had a beautiful morning for a nice walk around town and Ron, great pictures as always. Just think how nice things will look with a few more stories added to some projects and the trees and flowers out in the spring.

Anyone else see a meet at the Panera in our future? Sure love that outdoor dining area.

Looks like fun, Im going to join you guys next year when i hopefully move to nashville

Great pics. Thanks. So what's that weird canopy like thing being erected behind Harrison Square?

I have to say that there looks like a lot of urban infill is going on up there. Looks good.

I like the same view, Dave. If Westin is built, will that view be obstructed? It really is a great location for a hotel, now that I see/think about it.

Great pics. Thanks. So what's that weird canopy like thing being erected behind Harrison Square?

I have to say that there looks like a lot of urban infill is going on up there. Looks good.

I like the same view, Dave. If Westin is built, will that view be obstructed? It really is a great location for a hotel, now that I see/think about it.

Brain, It looks as if it is a small parking deck. That was the only thing I could figure. At least it is in the rear. We need a lot more projects in the N Nashville/Cap. Mall area for sure. This is going to be another trendy neighborhood in the near future.

I am going to re-post the Pinnacle pictures under that thread as well.

BTW guys , thanks, I really enjoyed myself yesterday.

Next month we want more newbies there. I think maybe in April or May the meet may be at the Encore as William Williams and Producer2 will both be in their new digs at the Encore.

Did someone say "Par tay" at the pool!!!!! :yahoo::alc::shades:

Edited by smeagolsfree

• 4 weeks later...

I still want to encourage you new guys and any lurkers out there that have not yet signed up on the forum to attend. It is a great chance to get to know each other and meet to understand that some of us will agree to disagree. When you meet someone face to face you have more of an understanding of the person and many of us are good friends and we share information at the meets that sometimes we dont want to go public for fear of harming a project or betraying a trust.

I know there are going to be several of our regular attenders missing but the rest of you guys please come on out.

Wish you could have been there Dave. You were missed. You were probably out in your garden. We didn't have a lot of new news to discuss but we discussed a lot. Again sometimes its more of getting to know each other and having a little fun sometimes. I hope a lot more of you guys can make the meet next month. I think in May we will probably get a tour of the Encore as Producer2 and William have bought units there.

If you guys ever want to take a road trip, let us know. We have gone down to Chattanooga and Louisville, Memphis and Huntsville are all good possibilities too.

I'd promised to drop someone at the airport, but the rest of the day was in the yard. I've been at it since January (brrrrr) and things are coming along. My pile of yard waste is 9 feet long and 4 feet high already (not counting hard things like limbs and shrub trimmings which will go to Bordeaux to become mulch). Being "green" is nothing new for this little spot in Inglewood. Last year I recovered 23 wheel barrels of compost and reconstituted soil from my "heap." Now, that's green (or black gold for us gardeners). With nearly 4000 sq ft of beds and landscape, it's either keeping me young, or making me old. I'm beginning to vote for the latter. Everything is trimmed, weeded and edged. Looks good so far.

I did make it downtown for a little while yesterday. I'd washed the car so decided to drop the top and tool around a little. I was amazed at the number of folks downtown. Seems something was going on. I'm anxious to get around town when the leaves and flowers get going. Winter tends to ugly up the place a bit.

Uh oh, 7 a.m. .... time to put on the farmer clothes. Ta.

• 4 weeks later...

Its that time of the month again. Hopefully we will have a better turn out this month than last.

Saturday, April 5th @ Provence in the library on Church DT.

Hope to see you guys there.

10 AM for the early birds and 10:30 for everyone else. :)

I plan to be there this time. See you guys!

Hey Nashville Forum meeting. I sure miss the meetings, but I am really enjoying Austin. I hope you guys will post some pictures from your meeting today, We have an Austin Forum meeting next Saturday so I am real excited to learn more details about the developments in Austin. I have changed my name on all sites to fltnpatx, to better reflect thestates that I have lived in. I check on you guys almost everyday although I spend most of my time on Skyscraperpage due to the fact there is much more Austin info on that site. Lastly Ron CONGRATS on becoming the moderator of Nashville UP!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Next Saturday is again another forum meet. I know that Dave and William will be there and probably a couple of others that I have heard about. Please make an effort to come and meet us crazy old-timers. Don't be bashful.

Again at Provence Bread in the Library on Church, May, 3rd @ 10 am for the early birds and 10:30 for the dirty birds.