The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Kettle patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

Sorry I was not able to make the meeting. Work hours have taken off for me right now and I will be scarce for a while it seems. I hope to make it next month. Need a lot more participation from you guys to make the meetings a little more interesting. I would bet the next meet will be at the Encore. I need to check on some details. Yes its slow right now, but not for ever and hopefully not much longer.

• 4 weeks later...

Once again the time has come for the monthly forum meet. Attendance has been light as of late. I didn't make the last meet because of work and that may be the case again this month.

I would love to get some feedback from you guys, so please give this some thought. Do we need to have forum meets every month or would you rather do it on a every 2 month basis? Or something other. I thought about a poll and I may do one a little later. Lets get some discussion first to guide us.

Why do you come or do not come?

Do we need a better time that Saturday morning?

Do you want a formal program or just keep informal as it has been in the past?

Just give it some thought and if you have not come to a forum meet, please consider it just to meet the other forum members.

For the lurkers that have not joined the forum, you are invited too. It is open to all.

Saturday morning, Provence @ the DT library on Church st. 10:00am for early birds adn 10:30 for the meet to start or about that time.

Once again the time has come for the monthly forum meet. Attendance has been light as of late. I didn't make the last meet because of work and that may be the case again this month.

I would love to get some feedback from you guys, so please give this some thought. Do we need to have forum meets every month or would you rather do it on a every 2 month basis? Or something other. I thought about a poll and I may do one a little later. Lets get some discussion first to guide us.

Why do you come or do not come?

Do we need a better time that Saturday morning?

Do you want a formal program or just keep informal as it has been in the past?

Just give it some thought and if you have not come to a forum meet, please consider it just to meet the other forum members.

For the lurkers that have not joined the forum, you are invited too. It is open to all.

Saturday morning, Provence @ the DT library on Church st. 10:00am for early birds adn 10:30 for the meet to start or about that time.

So what exactly goes on at these forum meetings?

So what exactly goes on at these forum meetings?

Sorry abotu the delay answering your post, but I did answer and it didn't post for some reason. I probably hit the wrong key. :huh:

First the forum meet is a chance to get to knwo folks who post on the forum.

Second is we get up to date news on projects going on around town and sometimes that is breaking news before anyone else has it.

Next is sometimes we take tours of new buildings, for example Tony G took us on a tour of the Velocity right after it opened and also a tour of the Siggy office.

Next is we talk about all the folks who didn't show up :lol: Just kidding

There are many more things that happen discussion, debate, and sometimes walks or drive through thru town.

I am going to try my best to be there. There is a possibility that we could go and take a tour of the Encore, but I dont know if William is ready or not. We may have to put that off for a month unless Producer@ wants to host it at his place in the Encore. :rolleyes:

Great to hear the Geek and girlgeek will be there ;) . Lang time no see. Looking forward to Hank from Chattanooga as well. I am sure we will probably have the large entourage of banned members as well as lurkers and anybody else that wants to come. We do not discriminate.

Hey guys,

As far as I know we will get a tour of the Encore. William has said that all is good for that. What we may have to do is meet at Provence and then walk to or drive to the Encore at your leisure. I will be there. I remembered CMA fest is DT yesterday, so it will be a zoo. Lexy and Casey will be there too. I saw him at BNA yesterday.

This sounds like something I'd definately like to get in on in the future. My summer sleight is very full right now...Going to be in Dallas a lot. Plus, I have some bank owned properties I'm negotiating on right now in Oklahoma, some of which will require a lot of my attention once closed on.

This sounds like something I'd definately like to get in on in the future. My summer sleight is very full right now...Going to be in Dallas a lot. Plus, I have some bank owned properties I'm negotiating on right now in Oklahoma, some of which will require a lot of my attention once closed on.

You are always welcome and we look forward to seeing you at a meet.

I will try and post a few pictures from yesterdays meet because a few is all I took. We did go down to the Encore and got a tour from William. Very cool indeed. We had about 7 or 8 that showed and a few that thought they would be there had to back out. It was very warm DT and the wind certainly felt good blowing down Church. DT was crowded with all of the folks from the CMA Music Fest in town.

Thanks to all that showed up.

All:

Sorry that I had to miss this month's meeting. I had decided to take the bus and actually waited over an hour (for a bus that is supposed to run every 30 minutes on Saturdays!) and got pretty burnt up by the heat and the sun. My temper was also starting to flare at that point. Another lady waiting at the stop ended up having to call in late to work and was in jeapardy of losing her job. People do work on the weekends, too! I was pretty fed up with our fair city at that point. I look forward to the pics and will see everyone again soon when I have returned to my usual, optimistic self.

All:

Sorry that I had to miss this month's meeting. I had decided to take the bus and actually waited over an hour (for a bus that is supposed to run every 30 minutes on Saturdays!) and got pretty burnt up by the heat and the sun. My temper was also starting to flare at that point. Another lady waiting at the stop ended up having to call in late to work and was in jeapardy of losing her job. People do work on the weekends, too! I was pretty fed up with our fair city at that point. I look forward to the pics and will see everyone again soon when I have returned to my usual, optimistic self.

Thanks for the heads up Bret. Sorry you had the problem but not surprising. Nashville's Transit system gets an "F" in my book, or an "S" for Sucks real bad.

• 4 weeks later...

Friends,

smeagolsfree/Ron asked me to remind the gang of the 10 a.m. meeting this Saturday (July 5) at Provence.

Ron might not be there as he will be celebrating his 50th birthday. You know, he doesn't look a day over 49 and a half.

We'll miss you, Ron.

I'll be there. Hope to see as many folks as possible.

WW

Well we had 12 present at the meeting this morning and let me say, it was a pleasure to see everyone there!!!! I have missed you guys alot here lately and I consider all of you my friends. It was a total success and I sincerly look forward to the August meeting!!! I hope more can be there next month because these get togethers are really fun!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Another meet this Saturday @ 10 . Same bat station, same bat time. Oh crap I just dated myself for sure.

Had a good turn out last month. Lets try and keep it up. I will be there for the duration and the bitter end and my new Nikon D80.

PS : actual meet starts at 10:30 am and its at Provence in the Library in case any one didn't know.

Another meet this Saturday @ 10 . Same bat station, same bat time. Oh crap I just dated myself for sure.

Had a good turn out last month. Lets try and keep it up. I will be there for the duration and the bitter end and my new Nikon D80.

PS : actual meet starts at 10:30 am and its at Provence in the Library in case any one didn't know.

Dang, I can't come this month either. I have family visiting me here in Chattanooga. I'll make every effort to make the September meeting.