The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Kettle patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

So I believe the last word on ST breaking ground is July 7? If my calendar is correct, I also believe that the next forum meet is July 7. Call me crazy but uh...two birds, one skyscraper geekin' stone maybe? :whistling:

Geek,

Tony was hoping for July 5, but not sure that is a set date now. We'll know soon enough.

ESU

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just want to get some feed back from all. This Saturday is 07/07/07 The Call. This is a large revival that is going to be an all day event at LP field. Parking will be scarce as it starts with a walk form Centennial Park @ 6am. Crowd could be 100,000 to 150,000. Do you guys still want to meet DT or do you want to venture out some where different for this month only or not meet till the following weekend. I will honor what ever the majority wants to do.

Just give me some feed back.

Thanks

Ron

I am about 50/50. There is suppose to be a landing of the world's largest plane in Memphis (and it's a once in a lifetime thing here in the states) on Sauturday and I might be down there for that during the meeting. I'll know once I get a little closer to saturday whether I will be there or not.

I am about 50/50. There is suppose to be a landing of the world's largest plane in Memphis (and it's a once in a lifetime thing here in the states) on Sauturday and I might be down there for that during the meeting. I'll know once I get a little closer to saturday whether I will be there or not.

Is that the an Antonov cargo plane from Russia? I don't know th e model number. I believe it is more than 50% larger than a 747.

Is that the an Antonov cargo plane from Russia? I don't know th e model number. I believe it is more than 50% larger than a 747.

Yeah Hank, it's the Antonov 225 Myria. It was built to carry the Russian Space Shuttle, the Buran. But after the fall of the Soviet Union, it was relegated to super heavy cargo lifts around the world.

It will be in MEM on saturday and I, along with the wife, are scheduled to meet it down there.

Edited by Lexy

Yeah Hank, it's the Antonov 225 Myria. It was built to carry the Russian Space Shuttle, the Buran. But after the fall of the Soviet Union, it was relegated to super heavy cargo lifts around the world.

It will be in MEM on saturday and I, along with the wife, are scheduled to meet it down there.

I hate to miss you at the meet Saturday, but this is something you've got to do. I really am looking forward to seeing pics!

Good luck to all about tomorrow. I sure hope to be there, but The Call will dominate downtown in the morning. Several streets will be closed, including Church until 10:45. 7-10,000 people are expected to walk a "Repentance Walk" from 25th to LP Field going down Elliston and Church, then across the Woodland St. Bridge.

Would it be bad of me if I found a parking spot off West End and walked amongst the crowd down Church... but then took a right turn at 8th to the cafe?

This will definately be challenging. 100,000 folks is a lot of humanity.

I would like to say that we had a great forum meet yesterday. There was a lively discussion of development in the Nashville area. This was my first meet in a few months, and I think the group is, if anything, becoming even more passionate. Thanks to all for a great time. We are indeed living in a lanmark era in the development of Nashville. I can't remember when so many mega-projects have ever happened at the same time.....The Pinnacle, the WES, the Icon, the Adelicia, the probable Signature Tower, and the likely expansions of the Nashville Convention Center, and Opryland Hotel to name a few. Wow!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...