The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Kettle patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

Just a reminder for next weekend. Nashville Forum meets @ 10 am at the Standard Coffee House. This is right next to MadMod in the Berger building across from the Smith House on 8th ave between Commerce and Church. Looking forward to seeing you guys there. I would bet there will be some interesting news about the WES, Signature, & The Crown to mention a few.

This is going to be the new home of the forum meet. Josh Smith owns the coffee house and many of you have met him. Thanks to Josh for the invite.

Spoke to Lexy this morning at the airport and he will be there.

Word. As always Ron, it was good to talk with you! I'm just sorry I had to split so quick, but I did manage to get a good shot of "China" departing! LOL!!!

Well next month's meeting will hopefully work out, I'm in transition right now and don't know what my work schedule will be if I get a new job. If it all works out hopefully I can go to the meet for the first time. I hung out with some expatriates from another forum a few years back, but its been a while.

I am waiting on Nashvegas to post his photos. Where are you Scott???? :lol:

We had about 8 or so show up at our new meeting location and many thanks to Josh Smith. Just got a few updates on projects around town.

From what we understand the CC will be complete by 2010 if all goes as to plan. The electric substation will not have to be moved according to producer 2.

Had a report on Lexy's trip to Memphis and noted all of the unmet potential of this city with many older buildings in the DT that Memphis could be a gem of the south.

The Federal courthouse is now due to start in 09. Josh reported that there was a meeting showing the federal judges carpet samples interior samples etc,. Maybe we will get this out of the ground before the presidential election of 2016.

Demolition of the buildings to make way for the Weston to be done by the end of summer.

Construction update: Hill town center looking great. Everyone needs to have a look at this one. Vandy dorms almost done. Adelicia topped. Icon on 5th, Encore on 16, Hole at Terrazzo, WES, buildings demolished @ Griffin Plaza site, preliminary work being done at Velocity. District Lofts, Station Lofts, Madison Square, 4th and Monroe, Morgan Park Place, Werthan mills, Centennial Row all under way and are in various stages of work. Belle Meade Court and Belle Meade Theater projects well under way now along with St Thomas square.

Franklin update: At least 8 cranes up off of 65 with 3 or 4 new office buildings going up including Nissan.

The Boro: Crane up for Embassy Suites and a lot of construction off of I 24.

Todd (nashvillebound) reported that the Japanese consulate move is official and they are in offices on West End. Great news for Nashville. He also reported on the Cumberland regional economic council (not sure about the correct name) as he knows a lot more about this than I do at the moment, but not for long as I will start doing research into this.

Nashville bound, bwithers, nashvegas and my self took a whirl wind riding tour around the CBD and Nashvegas took some photos. Where are you Scott???? :P

Amazing to think that there will be over a dozen major projects going on in the DT area over the next 2 years.

The Westin Plaza

The Signature

The CC

Rolling Mill Hill

The Pinnacle building

What ever happens at the thermal site? (Something will)

The W - From what we understand is going to happen

The WES

At least 7 projects in the Gulch

The Federal Courthouse if it breaks ground in 09

The Rhythm Lofts

Eakins twin towers on Demonbreun

Not to mention the new CC hotel that would be built

Most likely the Capitol Mall area- 2 new museums and the state archives which all are closer to reality now.

Thanks, Ron, for the rundown. That's a great list, and the kind of info I like to see on this board.

Was your confab attended by anyone from the local development industry? Or was there anyone with in-depth knowledge of those rumored projects (W or Eakin or Thermal etc.)? Is the hotel/residential megatower in the gulch just a rumor? Is there any substantial rumor or other kind of info on the CC hotel to share at this time? Is Rhythm already started?

What if any options have been mentioned for the Thermal Site besides the amphitheatre? At this point (after the Sounds fallout) have you heard a clearer explanation as to why that project failed?

Thanks again.

Scotty

Thanks, Ron, for the rundown. That's a great list, and the kind of info I like to see on this board.

Was your confab attended by anyone from the local development industry? Or was there anyone with in-depth knowledge of those rumored projects (W or Eakin or Thermal etc.)? Is the hotel/residential megatower in the gulch just a rumor? Is there any substantial rumor or other kind of info on the CC hotel to share at this time? Is Rhythm already started?

What if any options have been mentioned for the Thermal Site besides the amphitheatre? At this point (after the Sounds fallout) have you heard a clearer explanation as to why that project failed?

Thanks again.

Scotty

Thanks, Scotty

Unfortunatly no one of real knowledge attended but many of the projects mentioned come from sources that are very close to the developers if not the developers themselves. I do believe the super tower in the Gulch is a rumor only. There is a multi phase project that will most likely break ground by years end. I have seen it on another thread and will go ahead and mention it. A 19 story tower from the same development team that brought us Viridian and the Encore (Novare). Yes there is a rumor about the CC hotel and other news about Gaylord but we are not at liberty to discuss at this time. The CC would be completed by 2010. Rhythm is supposed to break ground on the 15th I think, along with Griffin Plaza the same day.

No other proposals for the thermal site have been presented at this time but would suspect that the amphitheater will be the winner and SBR will probably be involved in the mixed use portion of that project. I think the main reason for the failure of the project IMO is the failure of the Sounds and there inability to meet the financial obligations that would have to be met.

Todd (nashvillebound) reported that the Japanese consulate move is official and they are in offices on West End. Great news for Nashville. He also reported on the Cumberland regional economic council (not sure about the correct name) as he knows a lot more about this than I do at the moment, but not for long as I will start doing research into this.

Nashville bound, bwithers, nashvegas and my self took a whirl wind riding tour around the CBD and Nashvegas took some photos. Where are you Scott???? :P

Amazing to think that there will be over a dozen major projects going on in the DT area over the next 2 years.

The Westin Plaza

The Signature

The CC

Rolling Mill Hill

The Pinnacle building

What ever happens at the thermal site? (Something will)

The W - From what we understand is going to happen

The WES

At least 7 projects in the Gulch

The Federal Courthouse if it breaks ground in 09

The Rhythm Lofts

Eakins twin towers on Demonbreun

Not to mention the new CC hotel that would be built

Most likely the Capitol Mall area- 2 new museums and the state archives which all are closer to reality now.

That's wonderful news about the Japanese consulate! Nashville really is becoming a much more international city.

I'm curious as to the seven projects that are planed for the Gulch. I'm aware of Icon, Velocity, Terrazzo, Pine street Flats, Eakin, and Griffin Plaza. Are you including a Novare project in those?

Edited by Hankster

I got home late last night so sorry I am so late in posting the pictures for the forum meeting last Sunday. It was great seeing everyone and once again it proved to be very interesting.

Not a great day for pictures due to the hazy sky but it is the content that counts.

On the note I have each picture regarding the subject with the exception of three that I don't remember. I titled those Photo A,B and C. If any one can help me I will edit the post. Thanks smeagolsfree for driving us around to get these drive by pictures.

WES 1

WES1.jpg

WES 2

WES2.jpg

ICON

Icon.jpg

Hotel Indigo

HotelIndigo.jpg

Edgehill

Edgehill.jpg

The Adelicia

TheAdelicia.jpg