The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Branch patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Sorry to miss. I was in the UK for 10 days. I will post pics at some point on Facebook. Stellar built forms. Hard to describe. Maybe we can discuss at the next meeting.

I saw that pedal tavern when I was up there back in March, and I couldn't believe they're allowed on the crowded streets... I mean, is that drunk driving?  LOL... plus, no seatbelts... I'm sure there have been some who have literally fallen off that wagon!

Rolling Mimosas!  Reminds me of yesterday's scripture reading in church... at Pentecost.  From Acts, it was the story of "tongues of fire", and as evidence that they weren't drunk, it said that it was only 9:00 in the morning.  As if they planned to go out drinking, but not until a bit later.  That's just crazy looking... and (I assume) it's all pedal power? 

It gets hot later in the day. Who wants to be pedaling that in 90 degree weather??

I do :D   Except that morning I started at 8 since that is when the 60 mile Tour de Nash ride started. I got to see so much of Nashville that I did not even know about.  Specifically the hills of Percy Warner park haha.

Going to be in Virginia Beach for some Navy training all summer, so I should be getting some long weekends.  If I'm in town on a Saturday, I'll definitely let you guys know!

Virginia Beach welcomes you!  What kind of training are you going to be doing here?  I just retired from the Navy back in January.

Virginia Beach welcomes you!  What kind of training are you going to be doing here?  I just retired from the Navy back in January.

Cool! Just finished OCS, heading to NIOBC at Dam Neck.

What'd you do in the Navy?

Got any suggestions for places to look for housing in VA Beach or apartment complexes to check out? I'm driving down to look at places this weekend.

• Like 1

Got any suggestions for places to look for housing in VA Beach or apartment complexes to check out? I'm driving down to look at places this weekend.

Well congratulations!!  I was a Master at Arms but started out as an AK (aviation storekeeper).  I know of plenty of nice apartment complexes in the area and could help you out.  Do you know where you will be going after your training here?  You can pm me if you want or look me up on Facebook.  My name is Bruce Reynolds :-) 

I think we will try Provence for another meet. I have yet to get down to Bond to check out the new digs. WW said there was not really as much of a seating area as there was before.

So we can talk about where for the next meet at this meet Saturday at 10 in the Library Provence Downtown.

When are these meet ups?  All are welcome?

Nope. Only those that know the super secret Stonecutter's handshake.

lol, of course all are welcome. :thumbsup:

There are generally half a dozen to a dozen people at the meetings. It's a good way to match faces with screen names. Occasionally there is some interesting info that you will only hear at a meet and not on the board.....though I can't say that happens every time. :ph34r: