The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Kettle patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

I would like to point out that the "when" hasn't been answered.  Is this a regular monthly meeting?  First Saturday or something like that?

Yes, it's the first Saturday every month at 10 am. This time it is at Provence in the main library. The location could change if we find another suitable coffee shop.

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Lexy, Michael Davis is a long time member, photographer, and radio host. His wife Casey, joined us on most occasions. They moved back to Kentucky a few years ago. The last meet they attended I remember was about 3 years ago at Bongo on the curb at Belmont.

Lexy, Michael Davis is a long time member, photographer, and radio host. His wife Casey, joined us on most occasions. They moved back to Kentucky a few years ago. The last meet they attended I remember was about 3 years ago at Bongo on the curb at Belmont.

Ah. I didn't know her name.

I've long been an admirer of Lexy's work...though he seems to have some weird fetish for airplanes. :lol:

Ah, so I had assumed that Michael had just changed his tag here to Demillsphoto (sorry DMP!!)... because all I have to go by are the tags here and no faces.  My fault for not making it to any meetings.  Lexy has some great photos that are on a website (just don't remember the name)... but he does great aerial photos too.

Ah, so I had assumed that Michael had just changed his tag here to Demillsphoto (sorry DMP!!)... because all I have to go by are the tags here and no faces.  My fault for not making it to any meetings.  Lexy has some great photos that are on a website (just don't remember the name)... but he does great aerial photos too.

Haha, nah, I don't usually have the time to go flying and snap pics. Would be cool, though.

Would be great to see Michael and Casey.

WW

Unfortunately, I will have to miss the meet yet again. I'll be out of town until next week. 

We will miss you, James.

WW

I'll try to make it for July.  Out of town this weekend.

Please do join us, CA. We could use your perspective on architecture.

WW

Bond is not suitable for groups. Less seating, and a bit pretentious and snooty. Like Crema, I will never go back.

Don't be dissing Crema - that place is fantastic! and even better since they expanded. I did go by Bond day before yesterday, will discuss at the meeting today.

We had Eric, Nvstnbna, myself 5th & Main Urbanite, Smeagols, Candy Aisles, East Side Urbanite, L.A.TN, UTgrad09, a non member Peter, and maybe one more I can't remember. In any case a good turnout being bad weather was forecasted. Glad to have Bob , L.A.TN back in the fold as it were. Glad to meet Candy Aisles as well.

Exciting times for the city of Nashville. One thing we discovered is  the planning department is very busy and that is why there have been delays with the HGI and some other projects getting plats finalized etc.

Edited by 5th & Main Urbanite
  • Like 2

Fantastic meeting yesterday. We missed Michael/Casey, but look forward to seeing them in the future.

Brett Withers, who thought we were meeting at Bond (sorry Brett), would have made it otherwise.

WW

Dang, so he missed out on that 50-story tower announcement. :ph34r:

Don't be dissing Crema - that place is fantastic! and even better since they expanded. I did go by Bond day before yesterday, will discuss at the meeting today.

Sorry Shelby, I had some very negative experiences there with some employees, especially the owner. Have not been back in almost 5 years. I was made to feel like my business was not welcome, so I never went back. The owner was not friendly to me at all, even when William and I frequented the place in the early days. He does not remember it, but the owner was fairly rude to him one day when we went in there as well. The owner was not to nice to my wife either when she and I went in one Saturday and then ate at the Copper Kettle next door.

Not too flog a dead horse, but I won't go back.

Enough of that. Glad you like the place. Glad a local business is doing well, and it was good to see you on Saturday. Give William a call, he can brief you on the news we got after you left.

Dang, so he missed out on that 50-story tower announcement. :ph34r:

I did miss the 50-story tower announcement!  Sorry, guys.  I was offline most of last week and missed the announcement of the change of location.  But I did check out Bond.  It's got the contemporary colors, which seem to have moved away from the darker, warmer earth tones of the 'Aughts and in with the lighter pastels and powder blues that we are seeing today.  I love the stained floors, which kind of look like clouds.  They also put in like a Victorian fireplace on one side.  Lots of feminine touches.   In fact, Bond Coffee reminds me more of a deli or an ice cream shop than a coffee shop.   But they don't have much seating at all.  

I did take an opportunity to walk throughout the Gulch, though, including some of the parts that are off the main drag.  Pine Street east of 11th between Pine Street Flats and Velocity is looking very big city right now.  There are lots of little mini-porches and small islands with landscaping.  I also didn't know that Pine Street wraps around behind the Pine Street Flats and connects to maybe Overton in the back.  It's a neat walk along that street adjacent to the railroad tracks.  I'm still trying to figure out exactly where a pedestrian bridge would cross over from the Cannery complex.  The train tracks are pretty much at grade with Pine Street, so the pedestrian bridge would have to come down at quite a steep incline once a person started to reach Pine Street.  We'll see.

The Peg Leg Porker (?) barbecue place is coming along nicely in that area in the back of the Gulch toward Overton/Gleaves.  There are lots of cool things being developed in those tucked away streets.

Just want to ask everyone if they want to move the meet next month to the second weekend. Several folks I have talked to are going to be out of town or have plans, including myself. Should we move or cancel for July?

What do you guys want to do??

I'd rather move it than cancel.

Let's get a roll call here for people that can attend each weekend.

-7/6

-7/13

-I can make either one

-I can make neither one

UTGrad: I can make either one