The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Branch patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

Bob, myself, Bret and Kevin had another 30-45 minute discussion after the meeting!

And an interesting one at that. I can say with confidence that I have never had a conversation that long about rain, lakes, flooding, flood plains and building on them, dams, river levels, and hydrodynamics in my life.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to be clear: 

We are still planning on meeting at Provence at the DT library at 10:00 on Saturday, July 13th, correct?  Looks like we will have lots to discuss! 

Hydrodynamics?! Damn, I should have been there! :P

I signed up with this discussion site too late, I see, to have noticed even this topic.  Some of you have seen heard my mouth "go off" in another forum topic recently.

I really do want to "meet up" with he moderator and others of the "ring leader pack". [you do know who you are, don't you?] I guest most of us have jobs and few if any "silver spoons", so to speak (for myself, anyway).  If I can set the thing up to "follow this topic", without having to "trawl" it,then I might not miss another opportunity.

All that I want to be able to do beforehand is at least to get a day's notice to get a haircut the day before, to get there half-way decent (wherever).  Then can pull off this mask and show my real collar and dogtag (and my owner [lol])

thanks.

Ok, thanks...

smeagolsfree, on 09 Jun 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:snapback.png

With that being said you all need to worship me and offer gifts to your Dear Leader. Maybe a visit from Kobe Bryant would be in order as well.

Also, where is our other Dear Leader Tim May????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

HERE!

Just busy with life :(

Lurking, but not posting as much :(

I did think that I had double-vision or something.  So there ARE two moderators for this one, eh?

I remembered that I have a commitment next Saturday (Sept. 07), doing some twice-a-year volunteer work, but I think that I can manage to steal away to the DwnTwn Pub Lib by 10, if that's where you normally would meet.  That's not that far from where I will have been since 07:00 that same morning - at the railroad tracks on Willow St.. off Hermitage Ave.

Guess the worst thing is trying to park somewhere, in the Lib. garage itself or over in State parking behind the Supreme Court  off Charlotte (which is free during "off" hours).  I'll definitely shoot for being there, though, even if only a few of you can make it.

Besides, being there for the meeting has now become a commitment also.  I do assume that you don't dress up there, but rather dress tacky (as I intend to).

Edited by rookzie

We had a bit of a larger turnout than anticipated given all the football action today. I'd like to thank newcomer Rookzie (Ricky) for making it out and all the input. Also major props to Ron for mustering the energy to make it as well. Also, a Happy Birthday to William! James, Bob, Brett, and a couple others whose names escape me right now all showed. Big news coming this week as William and I try to work on a story that won't be much of a shock to anybody here, but news nontheless.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On  2013-0926, one of the media stations announced that financing might have been worked out for a "watered down " construction of less glass, but with more precast concrete.  I'm sure that that's going to look mighty pretty (if indeed it does get "off the ground").

ricky-roox