The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Branch patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

I'd like to meet you, too, but I myself would prefer to avoid the Village, because of it's hell-hole (or perhaps more aptly "whole-hell") location, congestion-wise, even though I'm probably much closer to there from downtown (Rachel JaX state bldg. @ 6th & Deaderick) than is UTgrad09.

I've got to turn in a state rental car (from Enterprise) Wed. morn before 10, after being sent out on the road to Clarksville and Murfreesboro during the last 2 days.  I almost always never drive to work unless I have to be somewhere personally during lunch or immediately after working hours (3:30p), or unless I miss the bus before day beak.

That puts me out altogether, except as what "UT" said in the evening.  In any event, thanks for waking me up, even I don't get a chance..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who could make a decidedly shorter-than-usual meet today. We took 2013 out with a bang of conversation, predicting for 2014, and good times had by all. Welcome goes to, in person, Hey_Hey & TNnative - definitely appreciate new faces and hopefully you two enjoyed. Also, welcome to Urban Architecture and getting the handshake correct.

I really did want to make this end-of-year group, especially with the prospect of meeting new faces, as well as matching puzzling aliases with mugs.  (ike "rookzie" for example ─ who would ever have thought that I was me?) :sick:

As I had said that I might have, I ended up staying up way too late into the morning from the previous day.  I suffered a spate of OCB doing working on a network switching-gear and server/ tape-library cabling project, deferred way too long.

If I had tried to meet up with the group this morning, I probably would have ended up like that engineer on the ill-fated Metro North train in the Bronx last Saturday (dozing at the controls).

I'm glad I could make it out today for my first meet! I had to leave a little early, but I was there long enough to definitely want to attend these regularly. I have to work a little over half the Saturdays, but hopefully will be able to make it out to one every couple months or so.